[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is any way to be sure if my Q965/0RF705 mobo would accept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (483KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
483KB, 500x478px
There is any way to be sure if my Q965/0RF705 mobo would accept a fucking xeon?

I'm using a E2180 currently and could buy a E6700 for just 4€ (the best "officially" supported CPU) but at the same price range the xeon pee on the core2duo/quad stuffs

The thing came inside a optiplex 745 and I'm using it as a r+ru seedbox in pretty flawless ways so far but the CPU sometimes crashes the torrent client if I add a lot of files to download (500GB+)

I want some 65w or less since Iits not stuck in moms basement and I need to pay for it

I'm waiting for the next gen to change this thing for some 6-10w apu/integrated cpu but so far you can rape the cpu of that things with a 5€ xeon
>>
>>58881823
Yes, but it's gonna cost you 4 to 5 euros.
>>
>>58881823
>the CPU sometimes crashes
You sure it's the CPU and not something else?
>>
>>58882218
Yes, since before that I was using a pentium D and the crashes was when I added more than 3 torrents, seeding is almost idle but downloading the cpu go to 100% instantly

According to https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-OptiPlex-360-380-760-780-960-Xeon-LGA-771-E0-1067A-Microcode?page=10

I can only use 65nm ones so not even a core2duo, I only have shitty quad core xeons that are 10€ for pretty bad perfomance and from 80 to 160w
>>
Looks like E6600 is 65nm and cheap but pretty meh perfomance improvement

E6850 is 65 too and a little better, its almost at 2k, the power needed to stream 1080p video afaik, looks like the best option
>>
Where can I get a regular ATX LGA 775 motherboard? I want to build a PC with no Intel ME.
>>
Fuck, finally

http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/search?dir=desc&q=OptiPlex+745&sort=score

E6700 OLD version, thats it
>>
>>58882557
>since before that I was using a pentium D and the crashes was when I added more than 3 torrents

I don't understand, so it crashed with Pentium D and it still crashes with E2180?
Chances are that swapping the CPU won't help.
>>
>>58884388
it crashed with "light" charge now you need very "high" charge to crash it (with no survivos)

Anyways I bought a E6700 for 6€ I will report back in some weeks/months since this dell shits are easy as fuck to find (I got the full working thing for 5€ and you can find them in dumpsters)

Also, I have 500/500 FTTH and it never had speed issues and I can rape "paid" seedboxes over private trackers
>>
OP is a fucking retard
his caps are obviously blown on the motherboard and he probably uses shitty storage
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.