[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High Level Graphical Environment for Multiplatform GUI Development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (213KB, 360x478px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
213KB, 360x478px
Is that thing even possible? The only truly advanced Graphical Environment I have found on a modern Model-View-ViewModel(MVVM) approach for developing GUIs is Visual Studio Blend for XAML/C# Frameworks (WPF/UWP/WinRT) but the problem is WPF is Windows Desktop-only and UWP is Windows 10-apps only and WinRT is Windows 8-apps only.
When I try Qt Creator for its equivalent approach of MVVM with QML I instantly get cancer. It's the official GUI of the fucking GUI library itself and it can't do GUI. I fucking maximized it on the latest stable version and it bugged out. You can't make this shit up. I guess they are victims of their own ambition. If you must support everything, it's half-arsed.
Are we doomed to only go extremely low level? Console coding on an extremely low level Framework like SDL 2.0 and build everything from the ground up? Or even Qt but shut the fuck up and live with the consequences of it being half arsed? Otherwise, if one MUST be on a high level GUI Creator I can't find any better than Visual Studio Blend.
>>
>autism
>>
>>58881891
I know what you have, but do you have an argument?
>>
Lazarus?
>>
>>58879735
Xojo is a great tool for cross platform desktop apps.

But you give up some of the abstract pattern support you get with other tools. (You have to roll your own MVC or MVVM.)
>>
>>58883002
This.
>>
>>58883013
Does it share a percentage of code or all? Microsoft acquired Xamarin which supposedly makes it easier to code simultaneously for iOS, Android, Windows Apps and Windows Desktop, but digging deeper one can find "only 80% max can be shared code". That tells me it would be, potentially a gargantuan amount of work for a single person if the complexity is even moderate.
On the other hand, if we go to something basic like Qt or even lower level like SDL, it might be hard to keep up for the amount of work even if there is no non-shared code.
I have a suspicion the golden rule is either do something too basic for all, or, something complex/high-level for fewer or one.
>>
>>58883002
>>58883099
That looks like an incomplete knock-off of WinForms. Welcome to 1992. I'd prefer something with fully dynamically altered interfaces comparable to XAML or XAML itself.
QML is practically the copy cat of XAML for Qt, but it doesn't seem well developed.
And QT Creator is really nothing more than primitive compared to VS Blend.
>>
>>58883128
Umm... Idk man... JavaFX maybe? XUL?
>>
>>58883257
>JavaFX
That sounds fucking interesting. Dunno if it's bloatware or simplistic. I'll look into it
>XUL
That seems more like a proof of concept, used on Mozilla. Ah, deprecated.
>>
What's the most autistic FP-friendly GUI development tool?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.