[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you fill your resume up with random tech related shit? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 14391353546.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14391353546.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
Do you fill your resume up with random tech related shit? Like which os's you can install and your hobbies (i.e. building rigs etc)?
>>
>>58876958
>including hobbies on a resume
If you are this retarded, you do not even deserve welfare.
>>
>>58876958
Only when i can tie it to a professional use.

Work experience will always be the heavyweight.
>>
>>58876958
depending on the job I want to get yes i add bullshit then google it if they ask questions
>>
>>58876958
I put down that I installed Arch in 13 minutes flat.
>>
installing an OS does not mean you have any sort of real understanding

installing ubuntu doesn't make you a sysadmin
>>
File: 200_s.gif (13KB, 196x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
13KB, 196x200px
>>58877010
Is that before or after you list your dick size, your IQ, and the number of proxies you have?
>>
>>58877010
Did you have a head injury or were you born retarded? That is basic computer literacy.
>>
>>58876986

This. I've been asked about computer-related hobbies in interviews before, but they mostly don't give a shit unless you show a strong baseline of experience.
>>
File: 1485745587867.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485745587867.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>58877047
they're in descending order
so
>arch install time
>IQ
>proxies
>dick size
>>
>>58877076

no basic computer literacy is like using word and excel + sending emails. go and get any average secretary and tell her to install arch and see what happens
>>
is it even worth mentioning arduino on a resume?
>>
>>58877337
Depends on the job. If you do mention it, do not just say "hur dur Arduino." Actually include some of the projects in your portfolio. Any moron can create a light blinker with one. Make yourself stand out.
>>
>>58877415
well, all i really did with it was pipe output from the console through serial to a little 13" CRT

leave it off, then?
>>
>>58876958
I only post stuff that's relevant to the position I'm applying for. Putting in irrelevant stuff is counterproductive.
>>
>>58876958
No, I went batshit insane and, get this, actually tried getting involved in something that I could put on my resume!

Then I got jerked around at the place constantly.

Then, they had me fill out a resume to apply for a meagre little position that would require me to do everything they needed to get done for less than the gutterdwellers there got from welfare, when they were backed up and stuck on everything.

Then they got all indignant that I didn't seem disadvantaged enough to them.

And they ended up hiring two old not-even-immigrant guys.

And they laughed at my resume and my failure to have fluffed it up solidly. Kind of like the guy at the helm always was laughing at how nerdy/geeky I am. In front of everyone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.