[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /g/. Decided to finally bite the bullet and build a pc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: pc.jpg (16KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
16KB, 207x244px
Hey, /g/. Decided to finally bite the bullet and build a pc. I needed one that focuses on speed, so i can run multiple processes at once. what do you guy think of this build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HkDgpb
>>
>>58875417
Needs more RAM
>>
>>58875467
Is 16gb of DDR4 not enough?
>>
>>58875509
32gb is the norm these days. 16 can barely run windows.
>>
>>58875467
>>58875509
>>58875576

stop letting these guys b8 you, you won't be able to run most programs nowadays without at least 64gb RAM.

128gb if you want to multitask
>>
all bullshit aside, 16GB is 'enough' but it's really the new 8GB.

cpu: ok
fanless cooler: retarded, get a mid tier big hsf
mobo: i'm sketch about a mobo that cheap even if asus
ram: holy shit is it this expensive now????
ssd: fine, hynix not a big name in ssd's but a huge name in memory, should be fine
gpu: acceptable
cheap rosewill case: mah nigga
psu: will be fine but on the lower end, bronze wtf
optical: good for when you buy pc games in walmart right? wait I did that with D44M recently

revisit the motherboard and hsf, i know it's been a while since I bought my Z97 chipset but most of the boards with good feature sets were over a hundred bucks.
>>
>>58875761
is the Corsair H55 a good cooler?
And i decided to go with the Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
>>
>>58875855

cheap AIO coolers are memes, you'll be MUCH better served with the biggest heat sink/fan cooler you can get for that money.

idk if my link will work but go to newegg and search heatsink/fans from 40-60 USD.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008000%208000&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=RATING&PageSize=36&LeftPriceRange=40%2060
>>
Don't get an overclockable cpu without a z170 motherboard. And unless you're gaming, editing photo/video, programming, ect. That chip is a little overkill. I would go down to an i5 and allocate the saved money towards a better gpu.
>>
>>58876208
//z270 mb
>>
>>58875417
Ok OP, here is the rundown

>i7 7700k
>H110 chipset Mobo

Pls be joking, if you want into i7 7700k, get at least z170

>RAM
It's fine

>Cooler
Get cryorig one

>GPU
Get RX 480 in for that price range

Anything else is fine
>>
Buy a cheaper cpu and a better card
>>
Ah yeal also your motherboard wont support you kaby lake out of the box since you will need to flash it so you will need a skylake otherwise your pc wont boot.
Or you cant just buy a 200 seriers mobo
>>
not op but i knew something was sketch when i saw that mobo price.

op make sure you get Z or X series mobo when buying intel.
>>
>ram meme
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.