[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that I can finally build sites using html, css and some js

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: clean-modern-web-design_682253.jpg (31KB, 799x314px) Image search: [Google]
clean-modern-web-design_682253.jpg
31KB, 799x314px
Now that I can finally build sites using html, css and some js magic I still don't actually know how to make my sites look decent.

Until now I always sticked to the materialmeme guidelines to make my sites look somewhat modern and not 2005ish. But I'm slowly getting sick of the same cards, 16px padding and roboto font look.

What are good and free resources to learn and practice modern webdesign?
>>
>>58875395
>But I'm slowly getting sick of the same cards, 16px padding and roboto font look.

We're sick of it too. We want to see YOUR website, not a clone of Google's.
>>
>>58875754
To be fair. It has its advantages.
>it looks good on both mobile and desktop devices
>cards are easy to be made responsive and scale well at all resolutions
>you can create quick front ends for your web applications
>it looks clean and doesn't require a lot of css and html

besides that it gets annoying very quickly.
>>
File: 1484939345123.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1484939345123.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
Just learn how to use a fucking framework already.

You can only go as far memorizing html elements, css and "some js magic", this ain't complicated, it takes a weeks on your own to learn this stuff down.

Get your ass to Traversy channel on youtube and learn bootstrap, you'll be amazed when you realize you don' need to reinvent the wheel every time.
>>
Bootstrap 4
>>
>>58875395
>>58875825
>>58875884
>>58875982
day of the rope can't come soon enough
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.