[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/ I want to make some kind of a script in a website that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1424965334928.jpg (256KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1424965334928.jpg
256KB, 1500x1125px
Hello /g/
I want to make some kind of a script in a website that get info from another website and use them.
I know C, C++ and Java.
What am I supposed to learn to be able to do what I want.
Thank you.
>>
Wh...what?
>>
>>58875022
What is it that needs explanation ?
>>
You need to use JavaScript to perform an XMLHttpRequest.
>>
>>58875303
That doesn't work across domains, but it would be a useful tool to update your own website with incoming data

OP use servlets or whatever you use for Java web development
>>
There's a 60% chance this thread is bait, and a 40% chance OP is stone cold retarded, but Ill bite anyway.

If you want a website to run your script at all, it needs to be your website, or a site with a xss vulnerability.

As for getting that script to read you info from another site, you can write a program in C that makes an html request, and process the data that is returned by the server. Or you can write a js script to do the same thing.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you are really asking for, but I hope this illuminated something for you in your dark, dark world.
>>
>>58875338
>That doesn't work across domains

It does if you use YQL.
>>
OP here.
My apology for everyone in this thread. I'll explain more.
When I said I know C, C++ and Java I meant that I never programmed a website before.
Now I want to make a website. My website would require some information from another website that I don't own but the information is public.
What should I learn to be able to accomplish this ?
>>
>>58875354
YQL seems to rely on a (now defunct?) yahoo api/proxy

>>58875387
Google Java scraper, apache tomxat, servlets

Learn a bit if html and you should be able to do something
>>
>>58875440
>YQL seems to rely on a (now defunct?) yahoo api/proxy

It still works as it always has.
>>
>>58875440
all right this seems simple enough. Thanks
>>
>>58875387
research what scraping is, and find out how to do it in one of the languages you know
>>
>>58875619
The languages I know aren't useful in making a website.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.