[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to find help with a startup i've been working on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1445572805780.gif (119KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445572805780.gif
119KB, 500x700px
Where to find help with a startup i've been working on?

Only need one person and I don't personally know anyone with the skill-set.
Any websites or advice that cater to this?
>>
>>58874858
Going to need a bit more info than 'hurr durr I need advice for something'...

What skill set are you talking and for what purpose?
>>
>>58874986
Should have clarified.

It's a technical project, so someone with technical skills in unity (C#) and basic electronic/hardware principles. An engineer. No it's not a "video game" if that's what you guys are thinking.
>>
>>58875118

Heres the deal.

If you expect someone to start off working with your for free, ain't gonna happen unless you get some student on board (Electrical Engineering / CS) and even then, if they don't have the vision and passion you do for the project, their 'free time' will be spent doing things other than working towards YOUR end goal.

Otherwise, the paid option could be freelance work. Plenty of sites around but you will more than likely get applications from Pajeets that barely understand Engrish.

I would offer to help if I had more free time, but I haven't worked in C# for around 4 years and the framework is constantly evolving and I do a hell of a lot of overtime for my current job.

I know most startups are usually a group of friends with an idea, since you don't have those technical friends... If I was in your shoes I would look into local University and what courses they run, see whats applicable and try and get one or 2 'competant' students in on it. They will love it because if it takes off, they can make some money, it will look AMAZING on a CV/Resume for a grad AND they will be getting some 'real world' experience. But you will have a limited amount of their time.

Otherwise pick up a C# book off of amazon.

I haven't proof read this, hope it makes sense.
>>
>>58875235
>If you expect someone to start off working with your for free, ain't gonna happen unless you get some student on board
Yes of course, I understand this. I do have funds to payroll, but nothing like a full-time SE position would pay. I just graduated myself.

I know the vast majority of tech skills needed, it's just too much for a one man army. I'm already quite far with the project itself.
Another issue is the person would need to be local. I live in a huge metro area so that shouldn't be too hard to find.

Will probably end up on job boards looking for the younger folk or maybe those interested in internships.
Appreciate the quality advice though.
>>
Just don't hire pajeets.
>>
>>58875235
>If I was in your shoes I would look into local University

This is a good idea. I would have jumped at opportunities in Uni to work on anything. Just pay some 13/hr. I think that would be more than enough.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.