[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that LG phones are not worth buying and certainly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (12KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 512x288px
Daily reminder that LG phones are not worth buying and certainly not worth paying a premium for.

1. Nexus 5, G3 and G4 all experienced widespread bootlooping in some form (G3 and G4 from defective solder between processor and motherboard, Nexus 5 due to defective power button) and for which LG refused to do a full repair extension program. They won't cover grey market or countries residing in a country other than that where it was purchased, despite the fact they know the devices to be defective.

2. They refuse to unlock bootloaders for anything other than EU model phones, even though they technically can unlock other region models. For example, the G4 SEA was accidentally unlockable online for about 2 weeks before it was stopped for no apparent reason.

3. By recent accounts, the G6 will see the end of the removable battery in the G series. Also, will contain the SD 821 rather than the 835 because LG gets cucked by Samsung.
>>
>>58858415
All G4 and later LG phones bootloop which sucks because I love the sd card and removable battery
>>
>>58858522
OP here. I type this from my 4th Nexus 5, the previous 3 replaced for the same power button issue by Google, not LG. I went to LG first for a detective charger and they wanted me to send pictures of it, this after I had to speak two levels of tech support in the Philippines where I was told if it wasn't defective I'd pay an inspection fee. My G4 got the bootloop last week after just over a year. Phone was in mint condition otherwise.
>>
Someone's v20 has already started bootlooping ya know
>>
>>58858415
lg has had terrible phones for decades
after my env touch or whatever it was I said never again
>>
my g3 was dirt cheap and there's a massive rom hacking community for it

never had an issue and use it for 10 hours a day every day for 3 years now
>>
>>58859360
this

>>58858415
1. Mine doesn't
2. Ur problem as well
3. Not by any means concerning the g3/
>>
I got a brand new G5 through my carrier for $300 CAD. That was all I had to pay, no tab or anything. Figured that was a good price for an SD 820 phone. It's been good so far, hopefully no issues in the future. My brother's G3 was nice, then the lardo sat on it and busted the LCD.
>>
>nexus 5
Excuse you

My g4 boot looped though so eh
>>
I bought my Nexus 5x last April, when's it due for a bootloop?
>>
>>58858845
>G2 was best of its time
>all phones after were shit

What went wrong?
>>
>>58858415
just get an iphone
>>
>>58858415
HTC is by far the best phones ever made. I've had the EVO, EVO 3d, Nexus 5, LG G4, Lumia 640, Samsung Edge 7, and Finally the HTC 10.

HTC is underrated, and I don't know why there is so much hate. Maybe I missed out on the M-series, but I still see people talking about them time to time.
>>
>>58861714
how's the htc 10? i've been wanting it for awhile
>>
>>58861714
...and I forgot to add...I 100% agree with you about LG-- FUCK THEM. After the Nexus 5, I will never EVER buy a Google product or LG product ever again.
>>
>>58861729
HTC makes the Pixel, fag.
>>
Does LG not know about the bootloop epidemic? Why won't they fix it?
>>
I've had an LG Nexus 5 for about 4 years now and it's in tip-top shape save the battery. Literally snoother than a Samsung S7 or Note 5. This leads me to think you're a shill, and then the corollary that you should kill yourself is only reasonable.
>>
>>58861726
The HTC 10 isn't feature rich like the S7 Edge or regular S7.

I actually loved the S7, but as far as functional quality without all the bells and whistles, I love the HTC 10. It's a solid smooth phone, that's highly rootable, and has OOPS warranty by HTC in which they will replace it for free even if its your fault. With a slim case, and a few drops on gravel and concrete, the phone is going strong. No rattles or cracks.

The speakers are over-rated. I tested them against the Nexus 6 front facing speakers, and I have to say that the NEXUS 6 speakers were louder. However, if you're an audiophile HTC 10 is flat out THE BEST if you use headphones due to it having a dedicated amplifier for the jack allowing you to make fine tune adjustments for sound. Hi-Fi headphones are awesome.

Battery life is great. you can get quite a workload through the whole day. I don't text or make phone calls often, and I can push 2 days without a charge. Quick charge is also badass. 25%-75% in 20-30min.

Even though the display is not OLED-- it is HANDS DOWN-THE-BEST IPS display I have ever seen.

PRICE: Original asking price of $650 was pretty shitty. If you can scoop this phone up for $400-450, you're getting a great deal.

I like to compare the HTC 10 to the Toyota Tacoma truck line. Purely functional, works great for what it does, and does it issue free.
>>
>>58861752
and...? You see how the Pixel is the by far the best Google phone made?

You do realize Google has bids for companies to make their phones right? Well LG sucked donkey nuts.

My nexus 5 battery was shot along with the power button making the device shut down randomly. All of this happened just shy of 1 year outside if its warranty. My EVO phones still work.
>>
>>58861853
My girlfriend and I both had Nexus 5 and both came down with the power button issue at the same time, right around the two year mark. Oddly enough though, mine stopped having the problem after the phone I ordered to replace it had shipped, hers fixed itself after a few days and she went on to use it for three years.
>>
>>58861878
sounds great, i've been looking to get it from swappa for around $400 so we'll see how it goes
>>
>>58861936
if you're getting it used, shoot for 300-350. If its new in box, 400 sounds good.
>>
>>58858415
Yeah the power button dying on me really sucked, good thing I didn't buy in for a g5 especially seeing how you can't unlock bootloader.

>>58861726
Shoulda copped one when it was on sale for $500, best shit ever. and >>58861878 speaks the truth, we (US unlocked) even got nougat before EU and whatnot (and it wasn't even close to buggy which is what caused EU to have delays) while all these other manufactures are having to delay nougat for their flagship phones.
>>
I have a G4 and have had it since it came out.
Really upset I can't root in with marshmallow installed.
Really want exposed for numerour reasons
Never had it bootloop once for me.

Also, my Nexus 5 was a great phone
(until it died in my washing machine after i had drunk sex, not worth losing my virginity over)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.