[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://arstechnica.com/science/201 7/02/careful-with-those-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

File: 1657626179_e1d3de7f52_b-800x833.jpg (57KB, 760x643px) Image search: [Google]
1657626179_e1d3de7f52_b-800x833.jpg
57KB, 760x643px
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/careful-with-those-headphones-1-in-4-americans-have-noise-induced-hearing-loss/

>YFW you didn't fall for the headphones meme

ENJOY YOUR HEARING LOSS, HEADPHONESFAGS
>>
Ok
>>
>>58857570
But that only matters if you blast the volume like a gigantic retard.
>>
>>58857570
As per the requirements of my job I get annual hearing tests.
I haven't lost any hearing since starting there 8 years ago.
>mfw I am a recreational shooter
>mfw I wear headphones to fall asleep.
>>
who tinnitus here?
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>58857570
You only get hearing loss/tinnitus if you PLAY IT LOUD like an absolute retard or use a headphone amp that's cranked up too high.
>>
>1 in 4 Americans regularly attends concerts, works with heavy machinery or passes by construction constantly
muh headphones
>>
>>58857597
thats not true. its all about the frequency of the sound.
>>
File: 1485800963681.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485800963681.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>58857570
AUDIOPHILES BTFO
>>
File: 1484157022777.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1484157022777.gif
1MB, 480x287px
what?
>>
A B C D EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>58857739
Ever since I was an itty bitty baby with an itty bitty ear infection.
>>
>>58857570
I'd bet the majority of these users are people blasting ipod/iphone earbuds really loud to drown out outside noise.
>>
>implying I'm gonna live past 40 anyway
Blast my fucking ears away, I don't care.
>>
File: 1461464918579.jpg (136KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1461464918579.jpg
136KB, 698x658px
>>58857739
Me, though it happened after I tried to kill myself with a bottle full of tylenol. I was forced to stay at the hospital for about a month and given anti-depression pills.

The weird thing was that just around before I actually gulped the whole bottle of tylenol I used to hear voices and see a hallucination of a little doll dressed in red (can't remember if it moved or not). Anti-depression pills for a month made that go away. They tried to make me keep taking them but they were making me feel "detached" but the voices and the doll never came back.

Anyway after all this I've developed moderate tinnitus that never goes away and only gets worse sometimes. It's annoying as shit and I wished I would have grabbed a bottle full of benadryl. Maybe I would have been better off dead desu.
>>
>>58858075
Tylenol is just acetaminophen, extremely dangerous for your liver, non-psychoactive at all, and known to cause inner ear issues in extreme doses. You're retarded.
Benadryl on the other hand is relatively safe and extremely psychoactive in large doses
>>
>>58858075
How about stop trying to off yourself thnx
>>
>>58858268
And when I say extremely dangerous for your liver, I mean you will not die quickly. You will suffer in extreme excruciating pains with liver failure until the paramedics find you and being you to the hospital where they will pump your stomach and do dialysis-like procedures, very easy to stop lethal liver failure and you will still be in excruciating pain the entire time
>>
>>58858075
women and faggots try to get attention by overdosing with pills

the body will vomit them up and then you'll end up in pain in the hospital, costing everyone around you a fortune to fix you

attention whore fuckwit
>>
>>58858075
or maybe if you weren't an attention seeking faggot you'd just jump in front of a train.
>>
>>58857570
>listens to a7x at full volume anyway
>>
>>58858645
That should be OP's image filename
>>
>>58858268
>cough medicine is psychoactive
I'll never understand this meme. I tried polishing off an entire bottle of robo and benadryl on two different occasions and it did nothing for me. Maybe it's cause I'm a fucking lardass.
>>
File: 1331877085820.png (10KB, 598x693px) Image search: [Google]
1331877085820.png
10KB, 598x693px
>>58858268
>>58858291
Yeah I know but DPH (benadryl) in large doses stops the heart though people are too pussy to gulp down a 500 pill bottle so they sip a quarter of that with bottles of vodka.

>>58858287
My parents are divorced, I stay with my drunk dad and his drunk brothers in a smelly basement, my mom deeply regrets ever given birth to me, I don't see my brothers or sisters because they live with my mom and she cusses me out if I get near them, I dropped out of HS and still don't have my GED, work at a shitty warehouse for minimum wage...

I'm still alive and I'm working hard but it's getting tough you know? It's getting real tough and many times at night I get this really cold rush of emotional pain that feels physical as I do my best to hold back the tears as my sleep-deprived and heavily tired body goes to sleep.

Not a day goes by without me thinking about how peaceful it would have been if I had chosen that bottle of benadryl instead.
>>
>>58858675
Robotussin has dextromethorphan which is a powerful dissociative, you need to down at least a whole bottle to get high (and preferably without the dangerous acetaminophen, get the blue box not the green box)
Benadryl and ZZZquil has diphenhydramine, a powerful deliriant. People like to spread the "700 club" meme for 700mg doses of DPH
A DPH trip is powerful and extremely psychoactive but I wouldn't necessarily call it "fun" it's called a deletions for a reason.
Also they mix fairly well being dissociative/deliriant mix, a good 300/300 mgs mix is generally the starting dose for people wanting to try DXM+DPH
I would personally just recommend two bottles of DXM and like 2 benadryls (not for the DPH high, but to prevent DXM itchiness)
>>
File: 1386738984413.png (98KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
1386738984413.png
98KB, 1024x776px
>>58858675
You have to take at least 5mg/KG of body weight.

But I highly recommend you don't ever fucking do this. DPH ain't nothing to fuck with, I seriously haven't ever found a "recreational" use for it. This shit is fucking nightmare fuel, it's 0% fun.

I once took half a gram of that shit and say shit scarier than shit you see in saw movies. The worst part is you get this huge feeling of impending do the whole time the drug is in your system.

Fuck DPH, seriously.
>>
>>58858679
The lethal single dose of DPH is somewhere past 2000mg
>that textwall of self pity
>disconnected with family, but still young enough for this to somehow be a problem
>dropped out of education
>minimum wage
Believe it or not you're living a completely normal life, sorry you can't handle it
>>
>>58857668
> recreational shooter
> /g/
Shooting out your spunk doesn't count.
>>
>>58857739
I think I do... I'm not sure. I guess it's just the electronic sounds most devices make.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 480x478px
>>58858760
I never got the doom and gloom but I saw the spiderwebs, knocked everything off my desk, hid my other pill stash in my shoe then fell asleep on the floor next to my bed
>>
File: image.png (266KB, 707x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266KB, 707x449px
>>58858894
And apparently I called a friend during it, mumbled a few incomprehensible sounds, and then we had a nice 20-minute silence while I forgot I was holding a phone against my ear
>>
>>58858768
>>disconnected with family, but still young enough for this to somehow be a problem
It hurts when you fucking grew up with them and suddenly get disconnected from them. I'm sorry you're an only child who had no one to share his upbringing with but I lobe my family.

>>dropped out of education
You think it's easy keeping cool when everything around you is going to shit? It was drop out and start working or hang myself. It was a tough choice to make but I had to do it.

>>minimum wage
>Believe it or not you're living a completely normal life, sorry you can't handle it
Normal? Man fuck you, this shit ain't normal.

Anyway not here to get pity points on this consumer shilling/review site, just wanted to add that hearing damage can be drug induced, you don't need $1 million dollar headphones at 1000 watts to get it.
>>
>>58858777
of course it does
>>
>>58858919
I know you'd love to be a special snowflake in a unique situation that you can blame all your sadness on but the reality is you're a fucking normal person with a normal fucking life still living with his dad
>>
File: fuck.png (2KB, 203x143px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
2KB, 203x143px
>>58857570
Yep, have it in one ear but not the other.

>tfw have to balance sound
>>
>>58858937
>I know you'd love to be a special snowflake in a unique situation that you can blame all your sadness on but the reality is you're a fucking normal person with a normal fucking life still living with his dad
Dam dude are you from mexico or brazil where shit like this is very common? Because of so then I truly do pity you, you are one ballsy man to have not blown your fucking brains out yet.
>>
>>58858946
Same, I hear less through my right ear. Left is perfect.
Also I have perfect vision on my right eye but blurry on the right one.
>>
The study didn't even look at headphone/earphone usage, it just acknowledged that a portion of people who didn't work in a noisy job who still had a hearing defect (20%). They then give some very generic advice on how you can prevent hearing loss:
>Noise reduction and avoidance can prevent hearing loss or slow its progression. This can be accomplished by avoiding high volumes on personal listening devices; reducing listening time to high volumes of music; taking breaks from exposure; requesting lower volumes in public settings (restaurants, movie theaters); using quieter products (e.g., household appliances, power tools, recreational vehicles); reducing equipment noise by replacing worn or unbalanced machine parts; moving as far as possible from the loudest sound-producing source, such as loudspeakers or cannons at college stadiums; and using hearing protection devices (2,3). Hearing protectors need to fit well to reduce noise exposure effectively.
>>
>>58858995
Move out you dipshit
You'll stop worrying about dying and start worrying about not dying
>>
>>58859043
Wait, I fucked that up, left eye is blurry
Whatever, fuck
>>
File: image.png (248KB, 1132x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
248KB, 1132x1000px
>>58858995
Being a minimum wage dropout with drunken family issues is pretty normal desu senpai
>>
>>58859116
>Move out you dipshit
Nigger, why did you think I got a job after dropping out? Of course I'm moving out of my shit hole, I fucking hate it here so much. Saving for a few months of rent + food right now just fo be safe. I'll probably have to share a room with someone but at least it won't be a bunch of useless.pathetic drunks.

>You'll stop worrying about dying and start worrying about not dying
yeah hopefully
>>
>>58858919
>drop out (of high school) and start working or hang myself
Op is 15.
>>
>>58859184
not OP, and it has been 4 years since I dropped out. I'm now 21 years old.
>>
>>58859170
Your relationship with your parents usually gets much much better when you move out and they don't have to look at you every day
Or you could just start making meth and selling it because you're broke from supporting you daily-drinker parents and your shithead friends are robbing them for $80 at a pawn shop, that's what normal people like me would do
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 959x721px
>>58859235
>inb4 his parents stop drinking as soon as he leaves the house
>>
File: 1409204980047.jpg (303KB, 1128x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1409204980047.jpg
303KB, 1128x1536px
>>58859235
>Your relationship with your parents usually gets much much better when you move out and they don't have to look at you every day
not like my dad sees me everyday either, hell the failure of a man barely wants to talk to me when he's sober. Most I hear from him is when he asks me to pay my share of rent money.

>Or you could just start making meth and selling it because you're broke from supporting you daily-drinker parents and your shithead friends are robbing them for $80 at a pawn shop, that's what normal people like me would do
lmfao, ah shit dude you just made forget about how shit my life is. Thanks
>>
>>58859368
So? You're gonna kill yourself because your dad drinks to forget his little mistake?
>>
>>58859344
>>58859399
I love you faggots. Now I remember why I still come to this shitty place.
>>
Jokes on you, I'm not American.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>58859368
But the difference is I move forward instead of bringing up the past in every other thought that goes through my head, if something horrible happens I get over it instantly and start working towards bettering my future
>>
>>58857570
>always wear headphones
>probably for about 10 hours a fay minimum every day for the last few years, only slightly less than that before then
>tried watching a TV series on a TV recently
>can't hear shit
>had to switch to PC and headphones in order to hear any dialog
>constantly misshear people who talk to me
>never ever had the volume high at all

I think I've fucked my ears lads. Is anyone here like this? Is it normal to not be able to hear dialog unless through headphones?
>>
>>58858075
Finish the job, dumb weeb
>>
>>58857570
Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
>>58858679
It'll be OK, one day all this will be behind you. You may not laugh but you'll be able to look at it as something that made you stronger
>>
>>58859510
Do you ever hear a faint buzzing or ringing sound when you take your headphones off?

Because if so then you might have caught tinnitus from a drug you took.
>>
>>58859612
In silence I hear a very faint buzz but I don't know if its tinnitus. Also I've never done drugs.
>>
>>58857739
For as long as I can remember.

Annoying, but when it has been so long it's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>58859653
>Also I've never done drugs.
You'd be surprised how many OTC drugs can cause tinnitus.

Anyway go see a doc to confirm whether you have any hearing damage.
>>
>>58859750
None of them in normal doses
But you're not eating inhalers, chugging cough syrup or are so attention-deprived you down a bottle of Tylenol so you're fine
>>
>>58857570
I've been listening to headphones all my life and I can hear up to 18.5kHz. Checkmate, OP.
>>
File: weird-celebrity-photos15.jpg (58KB, 551x640px) Image search: [Google]
weird-celebrity-photos15.jpg
58KB, 551x640px
>implying it's not due to retards using high volume
stop blaming anyone other than the retarded user.
>>
>>58857739
I bought expensive headphones with good isolation once. The constant ringing in my ears made me stop using them.
>>
>>58857570
I only use earbuds on my android phone and it gives a warning if you turn it up to high.
>>
> hearing loss is genetic in my family
> everyone told me it skips a generation
> get lucky and be the generation it skips
> lol fuck u you get hearing loss
> past 5 years things have been getting quieter
> tfw will be deaf by 40 and everybody told me I wouldn't be
At least I'm not blind
>>
>>58857570
What? Could you speak up?
>>
File: sheeeiiit.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sheeeiiit.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>58861898
>>
I have high frequency hearing loss and cannot hear much past 10Khz with a dip in the middle frequencies. Chronic tinnitus since 2006. Constant hissing. Pulses with my heartbeat to a degree. Facial movements affect it. Certain drinks (coffee) and drugs affect it. Also anxiety makes it worse. I have grown used to it for the most part but occasionally it is really intrusive. Learning to accept it is the hardest part. No cure yet.
>>
>>58857739
I think I have it, but its hard to tell over the constant electrical hum in my place. I rarely get to be where its completely quiet.
>>
>>58857865
At least read the source from the article before you spout nonsense.
https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/hearingloss/index.html
>>
File: 1.jpg (46KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46KB, 400x533px
>tfw you notice your tinnitus and cant unhear it
>>
>>58864755
stab yourself in the ear with a sharp pencil
>>
The constant hiss from my poverty tier devices must definitely have done some damage.
>>
>>58864602

He's right.

Most damaging frequencies are in 3000-4200 Hz range.

Has something to do with resonating frequency of ear itself and everything in that range is actually amplified.
>>
>>58864799
Go drink bleach, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
>>58864212

I've fucked mine with angle grinder and some large sheet of metal. I literally felt something snapping in my head.

Also loud fucking cars with MT tires and rolled down windows at highway speeds during summer for hours.

Can't hear CRT whine anymore and have high pitched tinnitus in that range.
>>
>>58857739

I do, but I blame inadequate earpro when doing room clearing drills at the military more than I do headphones. When I'm going to the range off duty, I learned to double up on earpro, but there's always some retard who didn't notice a ceasefire and starts blasting away when I take it off.
So yeah, learned to live with the EEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>58857739
Me tbqh

I think it's due to earwax buildup
>>
File: concerned.jpg (119KB, 1600x1512px) Image search: [Google]
concerned.jpg
119KB, 1600x1512px
>>58865219
CRTs whine?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.