[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got an old Android 2.1 tablet that I need to set up as a security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Got an old Android 2.1 tablet that I need to set up as a security camera for a week. I basically just need a picture an hour being uploaded to Google Drive.

Are there any free apps that can do that? Browsing the play store atm but they only seem to do live stream.

I am actually an Android dev but I got like 30 mins time left which is not enough to code this from scratch.
>>
>>58848906
I assume with 30 minutes left you are trying to set up a last minute security cam before you go on a trip?
You could try one of the free shitty apps and see if the settings let you turn down the settings so much that it basically only takes a picture and then turn on the auto-sync on the tablet with Drive so it syncs every hour or so
>>
>>58848925
yea maybe an hour but let's say not rnough time to code, exactly

browsing the free shitty apps section right now, the android version is a real problem tho. Shitty 2011's apps lol
>>
>>58848938
If the tablet is rooted you could try looking into just finding a way to write a script and quickly making a script that just tells the camera to take a pic every hour and then just have the auto-sync on Drive on
>>
>>58848978
You may be able to do this without root but I doubt it as you would need camera access

btw have you tried just looking for exactly what you descriibed? Just a camera app that will take a pic every hour?
>>
>>58848978
I think old Androids can't auto sync to drive but your idea was really good tho

>>58849014
haven't found anything for my android version

>what I did now:

I found a windows application called TinCam and I set it up to send me an email every 3 minutes. As long as I don't change my Google account creds and unless google is blocking my mail account for too many emails per day it should work now.

My hard disk would fill up quite quickly and unticking "save to hard disk" didn't work so I scheduled a task triggering a bat to delete the contents of the "captured pictures" folder once per hour.

Sending the email also wouldn't work but I figured out I also had to enable access for unsafe apps in my Google account but after these tweaks everything appears to be working fine.

Thanks for your comments.
>>
>>58850241
*I picked 3 minutes because someone wrote that google is allowing 500 emails per day, another source said 2000. I wanted to go the safe way and set it to 3 minutes because 24*60/3=480 which is just below the lower daily limit. I hope this also applies to sending an email to yourself
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.