[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, I've been thinking They say one day humans are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

You know, I've been thinking

They say one day humans are bound to become a space faring species. But did you ever stop to think that perhaps humanity will be overtaken by machines to do that instead?

Or better yet, maybe humanity will make an ungodly infusion with machinery and become cyborgs which would allow them to endure conditions the organic body cannot.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: cyborg_dude.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg_dude.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>58847742
The very concept behind cyborgism being called cyborgism comes from solutions to problems of spaceflight.

Also:
> maybe humanity will make an ungodly infusion with machinery and become cyborgs

There's no 'maybe' about it. The process has already begun.
>>
>>58847742
>Waah waah we're not human unless we can die from minor accidents
Fuck this fetishising of nature. We were humans when we started cooking food, we were humans when we started industrializing, and we'll be human when we've scanned our brains into machines to be launched into space.
>>
>maybe humanity will make an ungodly infusion with machinery and become cyborgs

I hope for this, or at least a medical breakthrough that halts or at least slows aging. I don't wanna die, man.
>>
>>58847742
It would solve the aging + disease problem for sure.

However the human mind isn't designed to exist for thousands of years. I wonder what that would do to someone's mentality.

I mean, we have 'rules' on how we act at certain ages. But if you're 1,500, do you act like a 70 year old? Or maybe a perma-21 year old adult(since appearances would stay the same).

But could someone mentally behave like they're 21 for that long? Who knows.
>>
>>58847742
>not propelling the planet with rockets and using it as a space ship
>>
>>58847993
This also means new levels of torture.

Since you wouldn't age, it means someone could just keep inflicting pain on you over and over. When your parts start to wear down, they can just replace them and keep going. If you were human you'd eventually die of old age or disease.

great things come at great prices.
>>
>>58847742
This would be one one of my worst nightmares come true. All I want is to live this life and one day pass away peacefully in my sleep. Having to carry the memories I do now and live forever is my definition of hell. I would be trapped in my own head. Death is the only thing now that comforts and motivates me.
>>
>>58848112
I'm sure they'll have methods for wiping your memory so you can start 'new'.

I mean, if this reality is a simulation, then this iteration of existence could have already happened a million times now and you'd never know it.
>>
why havent we figured our goddamn problems out yet

and also, how are we going to escape the heat death?
>>
>watch Gundam thunderbolt
>people will have their arms and legs cut off to operate machines with greater ability
>you actually want this
>>
>>58847993
Implying that human mind is designed
>>
>>58848185
We're gonna escape it by not lasting until it happens
>>
>>58847859
This. The natural fallacy needs to die
>>
>>58848032
Wouldn't you just turn off the pain sensor? Or I'd you got enough pain would the register overflow and you'd feel fine? Why even have pain sensors if your body's a robot?
>>
Why not just have drones explore space? Set up relays at set intervals as communications hubs so we can effectively relay signals over great distances. No reason to risk life if we can have a machine bear it for us.
>>
>>58848976
Because that's for pussies and faggots only, I WANT TO SEE IT myself i want to experience it myself, admire the vastness and beauty of the cosmos and live forever as a robot, never feel hunger nor sleep nor the awful sensation of being tired.

Experiencing space is our only true purpose due to the scale and vastness of it even with wormhole travel methods you would still find something new to discover.
You could witness diamonds raining down from the skies of jupiter, or better yet a planet that is just a big diamond.

Transhumanism and the prolonging of life only serve us to get closer and closer to space travel. Human bodies aren't meant for space, but a robotic body is, once science finds a way to ctrl c ctrl v a brain, thats when the fun starts.

Fucking pussy think about the things you could see, oceans of lava, clouds of sulfur and ash.
>>
>>58848976
Most 4chan comment ever here.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.