[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should DeVos implement required programming logic classes for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Should DeVos implement required programming logic classes for our kids? If you don't think so, what is your argument for being against teaching kids how to not think like an autist, to not use computers to do brainless social media crap, and to learn modern technological skills so they don't grow up dumb as hell like their parents/grandparents when it comes to technology?
>>
Honestly, everyone could benefit from computer literacy courses.
They're not going away and a little knowledge of computer scripting can go a long way in automating repetitive tasks.
Computers shouldn't be seen as magic boxes that perform witchcraft.

However, the "everyone should program" meme is like saying everyone NEEDS to be a math major.
Not everyone is autistic enough to like math.
>>
Why do you donĀ“t teach the skills need to programming away from a computer?
>>
Does she support accountability?
>>
I have no expectation that DeVos will do anything particularly useful as education secretary. Not that teaching programming to everyone is particularly useful. All it does is make more mediocre programmers and some people just do not care about programming anyway so it's pointless wasting their time on it when they could learn another trade or useful skill instead.
>>
>>58838525

but programming logic and just thinking like a computer in general will help anyone with any problem they encounter throughout their life time. Kids aren't absolutely retarded these days especially with phones taking over their social lives. Plus it would weed out all the semi-downs kids who will end up just bagging groceries or something after high school. If we should teach math, why shouldn't we teach programming logic?
>>
I agree with OP. We should implement a system where by 3rd grade if the child cannot write simple programs like Fizz Buzz, then we should cut off all funding for that child and prevent him/her from attending standard education ever again. Let these sub-human children scatter off into wild and do whatever they want. Deny them basic food assistance as well. Maybe even prevent the parents of these children from breeding anymore half-brain mutants. The goal is to have as many high IQ kids as possible by the time they hit high school. DeVos could even have a system that does simple logic tests as soon as the child turns 5 years of age. If they don't pass, then they shouldn't even begin. That way from the get-go we can save desks, books, etc. The cheaper we can do this with the least amount of kids with downs, the better. Perhaps work out a trade deal with 3rd world countries where we ship these short bus riding children to them in exchange for fossil fuels.
>>
>>58838856
The US spends barely ANY money on public education.
Your plan would also require quarantines and forced separation of the social classes.

Or else, every city will become detroit because half the population can't read and is unemployable.
>>
>>58838383
Of course not. We need to teach our kids strong christian values. We need to teach the controversies with evolution and creationism
>>
>>58838856

Agreed. I'm sure Trudeau would take sub-human children who cannot program by 3rd grade. They can end up doing yard work for the rest of their lives in Muslim-ada. If we do decide to keep these things, perhaps the government should at least pay them minimum wage to clean and cook for smart, high IQ families that work like normal people. Still deny them food assistance, though.
>>
Reminder that DeVos doesn't know the first thing about education.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/17/14304692/devos-confirmation-hearing-education

She's an unqualified, entirely political and ideological appointment.
>>
If there's anything Americans need to learn it's logic.

t. retail drone american
>>
>>58838478
I see what you did there
>>
>>58838383
No. I prefer less competition- not more.
>>
>>58838996
Wow, that's scary. I know she's all for private schools, and it seems like she has no procedure(s) in regards to making sure that each private school actually provides at least the bare minimum in terms of results.
>>
>>58841883
>I know she's all for private schools,
Specifically charter schools. Basically private businesses that beg the government for money to build a school. Problem with that is they're not obligated to work under the same regulations as a public schools and they're more selective about who they allow in.

DeVos' school choice crap is a joke though, she actually made Detroit's test scores even worse than before with public schools.
>>
>>58842124

>and they're more selective about who they allow in

ya and whats wrong with this? again, anything to weed out the children who step on the short yellow turd, i'm for
>>
Should there be required computer literacy classes? Yes.
Should there be required coding classes? No.

Most people don't need to code and it would be much better to focus on computer literacy so people can actually use technology properly.
>>
>>58842154
>ya and whats wrong with this?
If the school was paying for it on their own I don't see the problem. Charter schools are publicly funded so they should be accessible to everyone.

Private schools discourage people with disabilities or poor people from even going to them though just because they don't necessarily have to provide transportation and they don't necessarily have the same facilities as public schools for people that need them.
>>
>>58842300

if they have access to the internet they can just google how to learn whatever they want to learn. Thats what i did when i was young. Can't please everybody. MAGA
>>
>>58842230
This!

>>58842351
>if they have access to the internet they can just google how to learn whatever they want to learn.
That's still no substitute for a formal education though, especially in the eyes of most employers.
Inb4
>disabled people
>getting a job
Depending on the disability, yes. Certain physical issues, such as being in a wheelchair, can still allow certain types of jobs/careers. When it comes to mental disabilities, however, then that's a different story. There's no reason to send someone with downs syndrome through 12 years of public schooling.
>>
>>58838383
No.
Abolish the Department of Education. Replace it with nothing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.