[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets continue this >>58830417 discussion Like >>58832696

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: computer_car_analogy.jpg (2MB, 2361x4813px) Image search: [Google]
computer_car_analogy.jpg
2MB, 2361x4813px
Lets continue this >>58830417 discussion
Like >>58832696 was saying i think that gpu could be replaced since cpus can handle graphics input, but i think a turbo would be a better fit. Your engine can already run naturally aspirated but if you want more performance for specific applications you can add a turbo for higher fuel/air ratio and more power not necessarily for everyday use but for when your trying to get on the gas since turbos only kick in at higher rpms.

Also motherboard should probably be transmission since it is what connects your engine to your wheels and allows you to put down the power.
>>
I still believe this >>58832269 is the best analogy for ram
>>
>>58838053
psu is gastank you faggot
>>
>>58838161
But it is constant, you dont have to do anything but plug it in.
>>
>>58839615
>>58838161
just take an e-car
>>
this thread is fucking retarded
>>
>>58839983
Nah
>>
>>58841682
Thanks
>>58839910
Care to elaborate?

Sorry guys been studying for asvab, quit my job today and will be joining soon
>>
>>58838053
>can work without GPU and case
checks out with me

cooler should be brakes, you can run your car without one in the theory, but it's really not a good idea.
>>
>>58838053

>Motherboard = Engine
This is the heart and soul of your system, it's what makes everything work. You can fire one up by itself (BIOS) but it's pretty useless without the other components.

>CPU = Transmission
The transmission is what puts the power to the wheels. A better one allows you to use more of your engine's potential. You also need the right one for your engine model. Can switch speeds automatically or manually

>GPU = Supercharger/Turbocharger
While you can drive a car just fine without one, enthusiasts swear by them to get the most power out of their cars.

>RAM = Exhaust
Doesn't have a huge effect on performance, but a good one will keep your engine running well. Often has fancy looks for no performance reason.

>PSU = Alternator
This is what actually delivers power to the right places of your engine, and makes sure that power is clean and constant.

>Case = Chassis
You bolt everything to it.

>CPU Cooler, Case fans, and heatsinks = Cooling system
This should be obvious.

>Monitor = Tires
Your engine and other components deliver a certain amount of horsepower regardless of which ones you use, but these translate how much of that power makes it to the road (your eyeballs)

>Power outlet = Gas tank/fuel system
This is where your system gets the fuel to keep it running

Obviously you can't make a perfect analogy but if you had to consider the functions and how critical they are for system performance that would probably be closest.
>>
File: 1477083942020.png (208KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1477083942020.png
208KB, 5000x5000px
>>58842383
I like it but dont alternators just recharge your battery and are powered by the engine?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.