[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why aren't you using PowerShell™ on Linux, /g/? dont you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Powershell_64.png (2KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Powershell_64.png
2KB, 64x64px
why aren't you using PowerShell™ on Linux, /g/? dont you like consistent command line arguments? dont you like .NET?
>>
Don't like PowerShell scripts
Don't like the barrier to entry when introducing own utilities into the ecosystem
>>
>>58831843
>barrier to entry

wut? you can run any program you want with PS, the point is the built-in ones follow a consistent pattern
>>
>>58831877
Yeah but if I want to add a new cool utility that integrates well, it has to b
e .NET and produce the right .NET specific output and consume the right .NET specific inputs
>>
more like ProprietaryShell
>>
What's the difference between PowerShell and CMD?
Only difference I noticed so far is Powershell does ls.
>>
File: 1485744960077.png (19KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1485744960077.png
19KB, 420x420px
>>58831937
hmm?

https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
>>
>2017
>using the command line

Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>58831808
>why aren't you using PowerShell™
Because its shit.
>>
Can you tell me some advantages of using PS over bash?
>>
>>58831877
> you can run any program you want with PS
>cmd /c mklink
HAHAHAHAHA
FOH
>>
>>58831963
>Proprietary
(of a product) marketed under and protected by a registered trade name.

Microsoft®Powershell® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation

get checker'd m8
>>
>>58831958
there's an enormous amount of commands available for powershell that don't have an equivalent on cmd. basically anything you can do in .NET you can do in powershell. it's object oriented too.
>>
File: file.png (19KB, 376x158px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
19KB, 376x158px
>>58831808
I already use the best shell
>>
>>58831987
consistent arguments and output. you can pipe from one command to another without having to manipulate text, e.g. using sed or cut. can do anything .NET can do, including interacting with REST services, databases, etc.
>>
>>58831995
This. CMD commands output text, while PS commands output objects that you can query, manipulate, etc.
>>
>>58831992

50 dogecoins have been deposited into your account comrade.
>>
>>58832398

PowerShell is awesome on Windows, but its utility in Linux is likely going to just be as an administrative interface to Microsoft systems like Exchange or Active Directory without needing a Windows PC.

It'll be nice for those admins that use Linux and also have to admin AD, no more firing up the Windows VM.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.