[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are curved TVs just a meme? What are the advantages to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: curved-tvs1.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
curved-tvs1.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
Are curved TVs just a meme?

What are the advantages to normal, flat screens?
>>
>>58831627
Its so if your sitting directly in front of it you won't have the viewing angle mess with the colors toward the edges of the screen
Other than that its just a meme
>>
More or less what the guy above me said. The curve gives you more of an immersion effect. The curve becomes less noticeable at a distance however. If you sit more than a few feet away from your TV you're throwing your money away if you buy one.
>>
TV industry desperation increasing as they flail about trying to find some kind of gimmick to suck people back into buying TVs again
>>
File: Untitled38.jpg (132KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled38.jpg
132KB, 1000x1000px
>>
Honestly, the only reason I want to own a TV is so I have something to watch media on with my boyfriend and other friends. A miniscule laptop screen is inadequate for watching TV shows and movies with others
>>
>>58831728
The problem with this is the view from everywhere outside the center point.
>>
>>58831627

TVs yes, there is nothing that a curve helps when you're across the room.

Monitors have the excuse of curving around a focal point 2 feet away, as your head will likely be.
>>
>>58831833
I would hope that curved TVs would only be used for one person. Obviously, a flat TV is better for a whole family to watch at once.
>>
>all korean sloots always have that shitty dyed bronze hair

are korean women just a meme?
>>
>>58831803
get a majescule lappy-t
>>
They're good if you have no friends and keep the blinds shut all day. Only one good viewing angle
>>
>>58831723

Try and understand them: their shitty attempts at 3D failed (again). Sony and LG recently announced they will no longer build 3D TVs for the mainstream.
>>
>>58831627
>What are the advantages to normal, flat screens?

right here: -- >> https://www.google.com/
>>
Rule of thumb I've herd about distance from screens is 3X the size. Do they conform to this?
Or are they meant for being right in front of the screen.
>>
>>58832065
I will NEVER try and understand the TV industry.
I hop they DIE!!!
>>
>>58831916
>Sony
>korean
>>
>>58832600
Japanese hookers cost more.
>>
>>58831627
> Are curved TVs just a meme?
Yes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.