[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This spec was a meme. It's 2017 and most devices still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: DH091713_fig3.jpg (81KB, 531x296px) Image search: [Google]
DH091713_fig3.jpg
81KB, 531x296px
This spec was a meme. It's 2017 and most devices still don't support it. Only really high end shit like iphones and s7's support it.

My mom and i both bought new phones and a new laptop last year and neither of those support it either.

So is this like the biggest meme of wifi or what?
>>
>>58823232
Also 5ghz has worse performance that 2.4ghz due to the higher frequency being more effected by obstructions.
>>
>>58823241
This. my 5.0ghz band is faster only when you stand right next to it. And I lived in a small apartment, cant imagine a larger sized house.
>>
>>58823241
>>58823251
Also chances are if you arent hardwired you arent "seriously" using connection so you dont need the extra speed 5ghz provides.
>>
>>58823251
It's probably better if your in a crowded apartment building with tons of wifi since the 5ghz band offers way more channels but if you live somewhere less crowded it's not worth the loss of range.
>>
>>58823232
>>58823241
>>58823251
>>58823294
Jesus christ, never though such tech illiterate idiots would browse a technology board

>most devices still don't support it.
name a device today that doesnt support it

My 3 year old s4 supports it no problem
>>
>>58823334
The s line is considered high end dumb ass. It's a flagship.

This thread is for the people that don't spend $800+ on a phone.
>>
>>58823232
>buys poor people things
>expects to support highest standard

no. you are poor, and you get the left over n cards in your poor people devices until the supply runs out. that's how tech always works. those $300 laptops don't come with 1440p screens, they use the 1024x768 bullshit from 10 years ago that we still have kicking around

>x is a meme
stop doing this by the way you faggot.
>>
>>58823376
The phone i bought last year (samsung j3) was like $200. That's as much as i will ever spend on a phone. Anyway regardless of what it is it's 2017. Your fucking toaster should have that shit by now. It's obvious manufacturers just don't give a fuck about it and neither do consumers.
>>
>>58823232

>Oneplus One released 2014
>Has ac wifi

>Thinkpad x240 released 2013
>Has ac wifi

If you buy a shit laptop and phone of course it will have shit wifi you fucking poorfeg.
>>
>>58823360
even modern poorfag phones support ac
kys dumb nigger
>>
>>58823360
Any modern laptop does too
>>
>>58823360
t. Pajeet Pooinlooteek
>>
File: Screenshot (9).png (106KB, 884x310px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (9).png
106KB, 884x310px
>>58823360
>$800+

You are stupid.. This is not 2013 anymore poor muthafuckah
>>
>>58823396
for their poorfag devices? no, they don't because you poor people will buy any cheap shit, so they bulk purchase outdated tech for pennies and throw it in some shit device. eventually the supply of n cards will run out (it becomes unprofitable to continue) and they'll finally upgrade.

tl;dr keep buying poor people shit, we need someone to have less e-waste
>>
nice meme. but every device since 2010 supports it, really - before it was even released.
>>
>>58823232
I didn't even know there was a new standard.
I haven't bought or used anything that was incompatible with my cheap and shitty $20 N router.
>>
>>58823294
I'm pretty sure the 2.4GHz range can be just as fast as the 5GHz range. The difference is the lower frequency (2.4GHz) can travel further through walls etc due to the waveform being less jagged.
>>
>>58823232
The only good thing is the ac routers usually have a faster processor for things like QoS but nowadays you can build your own router like building a PC for that.
>>
>>58823942
fake news.
>>
>>58823232
ac is old news ad is the new hotness fags.
>>
>>58823232
Never really bothered me, as I've never had the occasion to require high bandwidth over a wireless connection.

What bothers me more is the shitty high overhead/single core file transfer protocols (not literally meaning FTP) that don't let me saturate a 10GbE link.
>>
>>58823232
What a terrible thread. Consider deleting it.
>>
>>58823334
>My 3 year old s4
>you now realize your S4 is 3 years old
Damn. I don't feel like I need to upgrade, though. It's slow, but it's a hell of a lot faster than my old "smart"phone, so waiting 2 seconds for Instagram to open is not that big of a deal.
>>
>>58823232
What? Tons of devices support it now. Hell, the fucking S5 supported it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.