[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>out eating with family >dad: Hey anon I really need a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1147.jpg (20KB, 700x414px) Image search: [Google]
1147.jpg
20KB, 700x414px
>out eating with family
>dad: Hey anon I really need a small phone like your Sony one. I was thinking about buying the posh micro or something. Any thoughts on it?
>Why? You do realize such a small phone is literally unusable right?
>dad: But I'm only going to use it to read text messages.
>You'll be having a hard time if only 3 words fit on the screen.
>Look, I just need a phone that lasts me all day while receiving a lot of messages.
>The phone has a battery capacity of 600mAh.
>dad: But it's so cheap.
>Because it has shit specs. You'll regret going from an iPhone 5 to that dogshit.
>I'm gonna buy it anyways.

Also, some autist colleagues of my dad decided that they should replace the mobile workstations they had with HP elite book folios. Good luck running engineering applications on that. Now my dad only uses the folio to browse facebook.

Technology rage thread?
>>
>>58819783
Oops there's already a rage thread. My bad.
>>
>>58819783
I can't see what's wrong with little smartphones.
I'm using Sony Xperia X Compact now, it's a godsend to hold, fits my pockets and has fairly decent specs.
Why do you not want to buy a little smartphone to your dad?
>>
>>58820008
I have the same phone, I really like it. The phone he's going to buy has a 2.4 inch screen. It's basically a toy.
>>
the iPhone 5 is too small for him?

is he an ant?
>>
>>58821844
*big
>>
>>58821294
>>58819783

I had to use a 2,5" android for a year
And yes it fucking sucked
Anything below 3,5" is completely unusable
>>
>>58819783
I love my 4s but the battery's shit
are there no phones these days of a similar size?
maybe I'll just save for an SE
>>
>>58822174
Sony xperia compact
>>
File: messagease keyboard.png (53KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
messagease keyboard.png
53KB, 480x800px
>>58819783
We need more kawaii phones. Only problems that one seems to have are the small battery and that it's still running Android 4.4. Typing shouldn't be much of a problem with a keyboard like pic related (though I would prefer a slide out keyboard). The weaker processor and less RAM also shouldn't be as much of a problem as you aren't going to be using something like that for games/web browsing/other more hardware intensive tasks like a regular smartphone and instead would just be using it as something closer to a dumbphone with some extra features.
>>
>>58821917
>2.5" android

Does it break the UI of apps - or just a PITA to use?

I only use my phone as a mp3 player and for Uber when I wreck/break my bike. I just want something that fits in a pocket ffs.
>>
>>58820008
How is it hard to hold a large phone or fit it in your pocket?

Even large phones are smaller than a wallet or checkbook.
>>
>>58823440
Because people have other things they want to carry as well and don't want to have to wear cargo pants or carry their wallet in their back pocket where it's more easily stolen and less comfortable to sit in order to do so.
>>
>>58822421
this
>>
>>58819783
Why haven't you told him to get a Nokia dumbphone?
>>
File: Vphone-S8-17.jpg (139KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
Vphone-S8-17.jpg
139KB, 756x756px
>>58819783
How about a 1.54" inch screen?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.