[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've recently had to switch from Netbeans from IntelliJ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: netbeans-logo.png (11KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
netbeans-logo.png
11KB, 224x224px
So I've recently had to switch from Netbeans from IntelliJ IDEA (long story...) and is there anything to make the migration a lot easier?
>>
>>58816170
>from Netbeans
>from IntelliJ IDEA
choose one
>>
>>58816485
Sorry I'm idiot, IntelliJ -> NetBeans
>>
>>58816170
Try to find the plugins you used in NB that are supported by Idea
>>
>>58816170
I'm sorry op... netbeans is literal aids. who did this to you?
>>
>>58816598
I use IntelliJ at work.
If I had to use Netbeans, I'd probably comment sudoku.
>>
>>58816598
But why
>>
>>58816661
My Java 3 prof
>>
>>58816674
I already want to. I miss that amazing smart code completion.
>>58816713
I ended up losing 70% on an assignment because of the fact that I couldn't properly move from an IntelliJ project to a NetBeans .zip export (the format my prof wants it in). Maybe I'm just an idiot and I did it improperly
(I did it by doing an Eclipse project export in intelliJ and imported it into netbeans and then exported as a NetBeans .zip without any classes actually being transferred), if there is a way that actually works, I'd love to hear it. But if there isn't a reliable way to do it, I'm gonna switch to NetBeans to not kill my GPA more than I have to.
>>
>>58816751
your professor is a jackass, switch universities please
>>
>>58816757
Not an option, I already have a confirmed good paying internship as long as I stay in the same school for the next semester, not to mention scholarships.
>>
>>58816798
then fucking write the code in intellij and copy pasta the fucking two whole java files you had to use for your assignment into netbeans
>>
>>58816170
Why not just use Eclipse? It's basically a slightly less polished intellij.
>>
What's wrong with Netbeans? Why do you guys hate it?
>>
>from intellij to netbeans
KEK
That's enough reason to end it all
>>
>>58819152
This, NetBean is neat, fast cross-platform, free and does everything

Java and C++ code completion, smart suggestions, inline documentation, debugging, undo history

Why is NetBeans hated?
>>
Use emacs
>>
poo in loo
>>
>>58819168
Anything is better than shitbrains IDE.

>>58819210
It's just an intellij shill, he's been here for a year to shill his POS products.
>>
>>58816751
If you weren't completely retarded, you would just create a new project in NetBeans and copy the code over. Or, you know, have nbproj and .idea in the same fucking directory with code shared betweeen them.

The state of (American?) education, everyone
>>
Why do all ides feel like shitty unprofessional student projects, then there's visual studio that works mostly right
Even windbg is a thousand times better than gdb
>>
>>58819810
>Why do all ides feel like shitty unprofessional student projects
They don't. You just don't know how to use them.
>>
>>58819866
They literally do, they're written in stupid shit like Java and run like absolute trash. Vs runs like shit too, but it isn't nearly as bad as freetard shit like eclipse
>>
File: 20feels.jpg (35KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
20feels.jpg
35KB, 604x453px
Not OP, but I'm sadly reminded of how shit 4chan is. Every board here just resembles /b/ anymore.

>How do i migrate from intelliJ to Netbeans
>OMG U USE AN IDE I DONT LIKE KILL URSELF
>Ok so how do I migrate it
>U DON'T JUUST COPY THE CODE FROM INTELLIJ AND PASTE IT INTO NETBEANS WILL TOTALLY WORK OMG AMERICAN EDUCATION SO DUMB
>Why does everyone hate netbeans
>LOL ITS SHILL FUKKEN PLEB HAHAHAH

I went through college using netbeans and it landed an awesome job because of my projects. It's not as good as other tools like IntelliJ because the intellisense is worse, but that's probably why your professor is asking you to use it. If you're still learning, using Netbeans saves your IDE from carrying you through assignments. It's still a good IDE and it's not like the dude is making you use Genie or something.

Don't listen to these retards. They're making it out like your instructor is asking you to write stuff with a chisel and stone.
>>
>>58821174
>U DON'T JUUST COPY THE CODE FROM INTELLIJ AND PASTE IT INTO NETBEANS WILL TOTALLY WORK OMG AMERICAN EDUCATION SO DUMB

>NetBeans uses different Java than IntelliJ
>>
>>58819287
What's wrong it netbeans? I used it for a while, I mean, it's other idea but I don't think it's complete shit either.
>>
>>58821519
Fucking tablet keyboard. *with *not ideal
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.