[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITfags, would you recommend going to a recruiter to find a job,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1486320459766.jpg (298KB, 748x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1486320459766.jpg
298KB, 748x1160px
ITfags, would you recommend going to a recruiter to find a job, or should I just keep applying to postings on indeed.ca?
>>
File: 363381-8-1280783833056.jpg (435KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
363381-8-1280783833056.jpg
435KB, 600x685px
>>58814908

bump
>>
>>58814908
I recommend you shove a fistful of knives into your shitbox, cunt.
>>
>>58818413
Straya pls simmer down
>>
>>58818413
verified this works i got hired on the spot at my local cemetery
>>
Someone answer, but please don't let it be that guy who tells everyone to call HR.
>>
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>58814908
>.ca
Good fucking luck man, there are few IT jobs in Canada that hire graduates. If you have no work experience expect to move to bumfuck nowhere to gain some first before applying in a major city with competition.
>>
>>58814908
Underdog.io
>>
>>58814908
Do both?
>>
>>58822217
Also: Current process to get a job:

1- Update your resume
2- Post it on [all the job sites]. I prefer Monster and JobStreet for SEA.
3- The job sites you sign up for will recommend jobs to you. Check them out. JobStreet used to send me a daily email of anywhere between 30-50 jobs.
4- Other than 3, you can also search for jobs on these site, and apply.

Finding open jobs is the easy part. The hard part is getting shortlisted and passing the interview.
>>
File: langs.jpg (144KB, 670x960px) Image search: [Google]
langs.jpg
144KB, 670x960px
I'm 18 and want to get an entry-level IT gig. Helpdesk or something. I have a HS diploma and plenty of ""customer service"" experience working at a grocery store. I've been using Linux since I was 12, I'm comfortable with basic programming concepts and I've made a few cool things over the years, but all I've made in the past year or so is a dank IRC bot and some small scripts.

I can troubleshoot and come up with a solution to any problem I encounter on Windows/Linux. Easy shit.

Will an A+ be enough to land me a help desk gig? Do I need more/other certs? What else should I consider?
>>
>>58822552

I'm in Houston btw.
>>
>>58822552
>>58822568
consider flipping burgers
>>
have you tried installing gentoo
>>
>>58814908

Linkedin is becoming one of the most popular ways to apply for a job. I know it is a shitty botnet but sometimes you gotta suck it up. Worst thing about Linkedin is it's just a bunch of ass-kissing and circle-jerking because everyone is there just to secure employment.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.