[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/g/: Alienware is snake oil like Apple >/g/: you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>/g/: Alienware is snake oil like Apple
>/g/: you can save hundreds of dollars building a better PC yourself!

>link related... https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6cLpNN

So even without a case the same configuration using the crappiest part(Alienware actually use premium parts) if you were to build it yourself already cost more than the Alienware. If anything the idiots building their own PC are the ones fooled by snake oil.
>>
the $800 alienware aurora uses a 460 not a 480

sorry bud, but the important thing is that you tried
>>
>>58812715
Just the warranty of each parts alone puts you ahead of that garbage. Not even considering an actual quality parts like a reliable psu.
>>
>>58812715
Before the Skylake Aurora R5, Alienware (desktops) indeed use premium components like MSI-made motherboards with decent VRMs and VRM/PCH cooling. Now they switched to Pegatron and also cheaped out on the various components like the capacitors and chokes, and also much reduced PCH/VRM cooling(PCH heatsink is the same as the ones on any lowest-end motherboard you can find, and variants of this motherboard either comes with a basic aluminum VRM heatsink or none at all).

In contrast, your custom build with the H270 PC MATE, while it have the same number of phases as the Aurora R5 motherboard (IPSKL-SC) , it also contains better heatsinks for both the PCH and VRM.

>>58813015
The one in the Aurora R5 is made by Delta (eg. D460AM-03 for 460W) and is actually fine.
>>
>>58812953
There's a 10% off coupon with the $1000 Aurora, that coupled with the student discount brings it down to $823 before taxes.
>>
>>58813625
you're really reaching now, you realize that right?
>>
>>58814479
There's a coupon for % off all the time, just because you can't google Slickdeals or whatever doesn't mean you should just pay whatever price is listed.
>>
>>58813483
>they're using pegatron
Holy shit they couldn't even go for asrock? That's pegatrons "premium" line.
>>
>>58814588
>There's a coupon for % off all the time, just because you can't google Slickdeals or whatever doesn't mean you should just pay whatever price is listed.
k. What about those who justify that building their own pc is not worthwhile cause they cant be bother to purchase the parts on sale (or google around for cheaper pricing)? i.e., you.
>>
>>58815065
This

Saved $100 on my CPU
Saved $50 on my GPU
Saved $10 on my case
Saved $15 on my heatsink
Saved $40 on my SSDs
>>
>>58815109
>>58815065
Okay go find these parts for cheaper for me on the internet, I'll wait.
>>
Prebuilts can be cheaper if you buy them during sales. Sure it isn't all the parts you handpicked but they come with warranties that will replace any shit part that fails for a couple years. By that time you gaming faggots probably already upgrading.
>>
>>58816333
do it yourself you cunt
now youre just sound like an entitled little prick
"ill wait"

you dont get a z270 mobo with this thing, its a locked processor, theyre gonna give you the cheapest h110 board they can find
on top of that you're likely going to get reference 480's, which arent bad, but not exactly expensive
youre gonna get normal dimms, not fancy looking ones
the psu is chinkshit, you wont get a brand name psu in a case youre not supposed to open
if there isnt one of those dell AIO coolers in there, its gonna be the stock cooler
>>
>>58816490
>I can't
Thought so...
>>
>>58814479
There is literally ALWAYS fucking coupon on their shit on Dell.com

if there isn't just wait like 2 days and there will be another %10 and then take another %10 with student discount for good measure
>>
>>58816793
Dell are fags too

Call them up and ask them to help you out. Barter a little bit and you can get a discount on everything they have
>>
>>58816333
Here you go
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TQmCtJ
>>
File: 1484049262412.png (442KB, 533x358px) Image search: [Google]
1484049262412.png
442KB, 533x358px
>>58816490
>youre gonna get normal dimms, not fancy looking ones
Okay, Alienware is a gaymer snake oil pit of nonsense, but come the fuck on. Do you actually care what your RAM looks like?
>>
>>58816490
u mad lol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.