[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>search for any item >flooded with cheap chinese plastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: ebay.jpg (63KB, 832x476px) Image search: [Google]
ebay.jpg
63KB, 832x476px
>search for any item
>flooded with cheap chinese plastic
>no deals
>scared away all the best sellers by letting scammers fuck them over

How is this place still open? I'm convinced it's a drug front and money/sex trafficking and no one has noticed.
>>
File: antiebay_calendar_print.jpg (23KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
antiebay_calendar_print.jpg
23KB, 460x460px
they're competing against Amazon of all services. they're as grey uncaring as a corporation can be, rivaled only by walmart. they sending out constant emails if you give them one to crap you dont want from a google searchyou once did for fun (it can also send you emails about products your friend told you about over lunch. there is a mic in your phone...)
>>
>>58812349

I think this thread is better suited for >>/biz/

Still
>I'm convinced it's a drug front and money/sex trafficking and no one has noticed
Sounds like an overstatement.

It's a marketplace, a lot like Amazon. All the independent sellers may be gone, but established sellers who either started early on and invested in scaling or traditional retailers who see it as a venue to dump their second-tier wares with less margin are probably enough business to keep them around for another 10+ years.

Also, the occasional seller who only uses it to sell their (rather her) used shoes or last gen's iPhone.
>>
File: noebay.jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
noebay.jpg
18KB, 200x200px
their money handling is on par with paypal. you should probably consider 95% of the pictures for a product not being accurate in major ways, if not a different item entirely.
>>
I hate the idiots that post 100s of listings for items that could all be grouped into one. Those stupid skins for the OtterBox cases come to mind. Try to find a cheap case and it's filled with tons of listings for garbage.
>>
File: ebay_sucks.jpg (16KB, 296x294px) Image search: [Google]
ebay_sucks.jpg
16KB, 296x294px
>>58812452
that is definitely the one aspect they excel at, pushing defects and mass produced crap. it's mostly been rejected for sale at better websites, so to preserve the price, they'll shift inventory to ebay and let fools think they're "gettin a deal" cause they bought into ebays reputation.
>>
File: ebay final.png (248KB, 559x694px) Image search: [Google]
ebay final.png
248KB, 559x694px
if you see this badge next to a name or pinned on someone's chest, run the other fucking way. if this picture was a person, it would be as nice as can be to your face. but it's all garbage and they'll fuck you girlfriend the second you turn your back. they'll steal your wallet and be out the front door before you know it.
>>
>>58812652

> if this picture was a person, it would be as nice as can be to your face. but it's all garbage and they'll fuck you girlfriend the second you turn your back.

Somebody is a butthurt cuck

All it means is they're volume sellers. Likely sold some chink trinket or eBook for <$1 at some point.
>>
File: Anti-AntiGun eBay Sign 96dpi.png (26KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-AntiGun eBay Sign 96dpi.png
26KB, 312x312px
not even trying to shitpost, EBAY is just an awful experience from beginning to end. I would compare searching for any electronic you could imagine to a 50% chance of poisoning yourself. that's the rate at which you'll get scammed or get an obvious or verifiable counterfeit, or just get stonewalled after your package "never showed up" and tracking never updates. (it never left Zxgogqiwo, China because they didnt fucking send it).
>>
File: 1485728300476.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
1485728300476.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
Smells like shilling in here.
>>
I've literally never had a problem buying on eBay

They favor the buyer every single time in a dispute
>>
File: 1486019775202.png (338KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
1486019775202.png
338KB, 500x521px
>Jamal selling a stack of "reclaimed" 250GB 850 EVOs.
>Probably stolen
>Don't care
> $25 bucks a pop
>mfw I got 4 250GB SSDs for $100

Ebay can be pretty cool, familam.
>>
>>58812349
>>>flooded with cheap chinese plastic
That shit sells, anon, that's why. "good enough and really cheap" almost always beats "superior quality, but significantly more expensive", especially in consumer goods.

>>58812452
>>It's a marketplace, a lot like Amazon. All the independent sellers may be gone, but established sellers who either started early on and invested in scaling or traditional retailers who see it as a venue to dump their second-tier wares with less margin are probably enough business to keep them around for another 10+ years.
Also this. Whenever there's money being made by amateurs, it'll attract professionals that crowd them out. They can sell more shit for lower prices than amateurs, since they put more work into it, so they're the vast majority of what you see. Obviously.
>>
Selling and buying collectibles
>>
>permanently banned from selling without warning and without citing any specific policies other than "seller standards" regardless of 100% positive feedback
>email their support
>"tough shit"

>have to make new account under fake identity
>gets locked due to suspicious IP activity (VPN)
>call them as instructed proving I own the account
>"tough shit"
>>
>>58812828
>>58812652
>>58812552
>>58812488
>>58812437

Cool blog, faggot.
Show me on the doll where ebay touched you.
>>
>>588156

have you tested them?
>>
I've bought close to 100 times on eBay, and everything went fine.
Got a much better deal on everything than I was able to find elsewhere - HDDs, induction cookers, replacement e-ink screens and phone cameras, scope mounts, reloading equipment, Geissele triggers, you fucking name it.
Hell, I even bought a Trilux SUIT and wooden L1A1 furniture there before they decided these are evil. And even after the policy went into effect I still found and bought an A4 carry handle and dirt cheap mint A1 triangular handguards that were absolutely nowhere else to be found and no one gave a shit.
Why are /g/'s opinions almost universally shit?
>>
Ebay is great for buying used but absolute shit for buying new

Amazon is great for buying new but absolute shit for buying used
>>
>>58812488
they ARE paypal. They're the same company
>>
>>58812349
Ebay would be great if they only allowed personal sellers and not retailers/resellers/chinkshitters/dropshippers and so on
>>
>>58816637
where do you draw the line between a professional reseller and a guy with a side business? Wheres the line between a guy with a side business and an amateur?
>>
>>58816584
False, eBay sold PayPal.
>>
>>58815868
They don't want small home based sellers selling stuff they don't want anymore. They want it to be amazon, exactly like amazon, and you ruin that.
>>
Actually ebay is great when you need to get a cheap older generation phone or htpc. You can find big retailers there dumping their unsold stock of new units from the previous generation.

Also ebay was the only place I could find an unused, new old core 2 duo model, which was the only cpu I could install on an older htpc.

On Amazon they were more expensive and many weren't unused.

So both amazon and ebay are useful in their own way, you just gotta be careful that's all.

I've also sold goods worth of 750 dollars on ebay last year. Except for non-payers who waste your time I had no big issues.

Just make sure you always have paypal seller's protection by making sure that the buyer's address is the same as their paypal address
>>
Ebay is the best, but only from the perspective of the buyer

>not supporting Amazon, but random third parties
>buy something on ebay, you'll get it sent and the seller will just forget about you (vs amazon building a profile on you
>can buy rare or very specific items not to be found anywhere
>open market

I do know that ebay itself will try to profile you, so I strictly login only to buy and sell, but I never browse it with that browser profile I use for transactions/email/bank

also, do know that its very convenient to sell your stuff with ebay and paypal, but ebay/paypal will, no exaggeration, fuck you over without a notice. as soon as I sell this last item of mine, I plan on never selling anything again, and will just donate what I don't want anymore
>>
>>58812349
>sell old graphing calculator to ebay
>sixty bucks
>sell old graphing calculator to amazon
>twenty bucks

buying on ebay is fucking stupid, but you can still sell with relative ease and get decent money
>>
>buy some cheap shit
>we sendt it xD
>3 weeks pass
>fuckheads havent actually sent it
>send them a message on ebay
>ok ok massa we sen it now!11
>comes 2 days later
>give them a neutral review because the item was dirt cheap but the people running the account are retards
>month later i get a message from them
>we giv u refund if u remove neutral review
fuck these cunts
>>
>>58816637
chinkshitters are the fucking worst.

i image some smug cuck wearing a beanie in a coffee shop ordering inventory on his apple iphone from china and dropshipping it to trailer trash without ever knowing or caring if it's crap

as a rule i only buy things off of ebay that have actual photos. when i see some stock photo the fucker lazily googled i don't even click that shit

>>58816329
THIS.

>>58815637
yes, some niggerdeals can be had, but you can be burned as easily as score. for the love of god beware of florida and new jersey.
>>
>>58812349
learn2narrow your search moron
>>
File: 1480985062454.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1480985062454.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
eBay isn't great as your go-to online shopping site, but it can be cool for saving a few bucks here and there. It can be great if you're a real penny-pincher.

>need some 120mm fans for a project
>$14.99 + $8.99 s/h for a 4 pack on amazon, newegg, etc.
>same set on eBay, $14.99 + $0.99 s/h
>ships from newegg
>save $8 for literally no reason
>>
>>58817665
This. I do all my windowlicking on Amazon, and then I buy the product on eBay for less.
>>
File: compras_aliexpress.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
compras_aliexpress.png
8KB, 300x300px
>not being part of the master race
>>
Why do people who don't know how to use something get angry when it doesn't work?

Are they retarded?
>>
>>58812349
>drug front and money/sex trafficking
What?
>>
>>58817746
I always forget about Ali. Is it all it's cracked up to be?
>>
>>58817746
c h i n k e d
h
i
n
k
e
d
>>
>>58817746
>waiting 30 days on chink shit to save a few bucks
>>
>>58817785
It's great honestly.
>>
>>58812349
Retards use it. Had a moron come into the place I work to buy some prepaid ebay cards because he was convinced someone on there was selling him a truck and letting him pay for it over time. Ended up coming in again later to see if he was able to return them if they were partially used because it was a scam (oh wow, really?) and the guy apparently got like $6k out of him before he figured it out.
>>
File: 1329396478255.jpg (242KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1329396478255.jpg
242KB, 1280x1024px
SERIOUSLY YOU ALIEXPRESS CHINK FUCKING SHILLBITCH FAGGOT COKCSUCKER STOP, JUST FUCKING STOP. EBAY IS SHIT, AMAZON IS SHIT, AND ALIEXPRESS IS ESPECIALLY SHIT. ALL THREE HAVE THE FUCKING SAME FUCKING THING IN COMMON, FUCKING CHINK MONEY GRABBING COCKSUCKERS LIKE YOURSELF. ALL THESE SITES HAVE THERE USES, NOBODY CARES IF YOU GET PAID 200 YEN AN HOUR TO POST A CONSTANT CHINK SHIT GENERAL AND BASH YOUR MAJOR COMPETITORS. DIE IN A FIRE, CHOKE ON ENDLESS COCKS, AND REFUND ME FOR MY ITEM I BOUGHT 2 FUCKING MONTHS AGO THAT YOU STILL HAVEN'T EVEN PUT IN A BOX YET YOU WIDE EYED FAGGOT COCKSUCKER.
>>
>>58817876
dear friend, will you give us 5 stars, ok?
>>
File: 1327107892634.jpg (52KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1327107892634.jpg
52KB, 900x675px
>>58817938

DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE

Thanks and have a happy new year
>>
>>58817746
>masterrace

Nah the 7 dollar fls will give you dick cancer
>>
You use it by filtering for 'used' items.
Then you actually see real items and not chink garbage.
Chinks don't sell used goods... least not yet.
>>
>>58817785
It's a buyer beware site, but mostly the products are pretty good.
Just use common sense when it comes to pricing- chinks have a serious 'you get what you pay for' attitude.
>>
>>58817373
>american
>enraged and nervous
>swears
>dislikes cheap stuff and china
>says "trailer trash", "nigger" and "cuck" in the same post

this is how I imagine every single Trump voter
>>
>>58812349
you're just a dumb fuck that doesn't know how to use the site
>>
>>58815637
I did the same thing and they still had the files from the high school they were stolen from on them.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.