[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT we post technology that should've caught on but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: einkcolo.png (309KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
einkcolo.png
309KB, 635x476px
>ITT we post technology that should've caught on but won't because normies are fucking stupid and most companies think they're the next Apple.

There were e-readers that were able to do 10 FPS and do color videos 6 years ago. WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE STILL ON THIS BLACK AND WHITE SHIT ON TINY SCREENS. I'LL DISH OUT $500 FOR PIC RELATED

I'm sick of using my goddamn tablet to read shit. It's far more pleasant to look at static text on e-ink than an LCD no matter what. Why is it so hard to put a 10" color e-ink display with modern specs in 2017? Fuck you hipsters and your childish love of paper. I can't buy wikipedia in book form you fucking imbeciles.
>>
>>58803448
>4096 colors
No thanks.
ACeP might be usable at 32k colors but that isn't expected on the market for another year or so.
>>
>>58803503
we lived through 65k colors on our old phones less than 10 years ago. Shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>58803514
But this is 2017.
>>
>>58803448
Bullshit, they only managed 3 colors at once back in 2015, full color e-ink displays aren't even 1 year old and probably still far from being used in consumer products.

Those e-readers 6 years ago were fucking bullshit matte LCDs that just happened to look similar to E-Ink because they were very matte, still shit that cost barely 40$. Just buy one now on aliexpress and ruin your eyes.
>>
I just print out my books and articles and shit using a color laser jet printer. It's a little pricey but $200 worth of ink carts yield a good 2000 pages. The problem is I can't really pan through it so great. Fuck the environment. This is what you hipsters get for not buying e-readers.
>>
>>58803566
I was there at CES and saw these in person you faggot. Yes, some, like the Indian one were shitty matte LCDs, but the nippons have had legit color e-ink displays for years.
>>
>>58803503
that's plenty of colors for reading and decently detailed illustrations and I'd sure as hell take it over a pure monochrome e-ink device any day of the week, technology is a tool not a marketing meme to jerk it to, fuck your sheepish obsession with having the biggest numbers
>>
>>58803603
Okay, got a single source on that because I can't find shit. Especially considering 10 FPS and color videos, sounds like a load of bullshit.
>>
>>58803566
>full color e-ink displays aren't even 1 year
The Jetbook Color was launched in 2012, it's a consumer product
There were color prototypes at CES from various companies back in 2010, probably quite before too
>>
You know what I need?

I need a 10" colour e-ink device for my architechtural work.

This would save me so much hassle, to not only be able to have all my workbooks and documents available on one machine but also my drawings, designs and plans.

It would actually transform my work-flow and improve the quality of my life.

That's without touchscreen capabilities, purely as a read-only device. If it had touchscreen and minor text-editing capabilities then I don't think i'd ever need another device again.
>>
>>58803448
buy a 10in tablet
>>
>>58807222
that's what one of them iTablets are for m8
>>
File: dafug.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
dafug.png
74KB, 300x256px
>ebook
>colour

Why?
>>
>>58807255
Well that's what I currently use of course but the implication was I wanted the battery life, simplicity and display of an e-ink device, sorry for not clarifying.
>>
>>58807271
Comics
>>
>>58807222
Id like a gigantic kindle for the same purpose

Display prints in an easy to read format without having piles of paper to carry around
Just one giant tablet
Like maybe 16", size of a large laptop, so it still fits in a backpack
>>
Isn't the patent gonna run out this year on all the e-ink stuff?
Based chinks will give us $30 eink readers, just wait
>>
>>58807364
since when have chinks given a shit about patents? there must be something else stopping them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.