[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever write like 15 or 20 lines of substantial code and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1485988106952.jpg (21KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1485988106952.jpg
21KB, 362x362px
Do you ever write like 15 or 20 lines of substantial code and later realize you could have done the same thing in 3 or 4? Or am I just a brainlet.
>>
>>58803107
You get better with practice
>>
you are now aware that literally every program can be rewritten as one line of Perl
>>
>>58803118
It has less to do with coding I think and more to do with logic, I've been programming for years.
>>
isn't coding about to get overtaken by AI?
>>
>>58803107
you could have done it in 1 or 2 with python.
>>
>>58803136
in much the same way that film-making is "about to get overtaken by AI"
>>
>>58803149
that doesn't really make sense does it? a film as the end product is art, whatever you're coding at the end of the day is a function properly expressed, I don't see how you can compare the two. Seems like a much more logical step to ask an ai to create a program for me to do something specific than to make a film
>>
>>58803107
Often, usually because I am working my way through some problem and then once I get it working correctly I can go back and optimize it.

It is difficult to do optimization from the start because your first goal is to get the code doing what you want.
>>
>>58803215
>ask a program to program for me
>it doesn't know what I want
>have to explain to the program what I want my program to do
>it tells me to be more specific
>I have to write out rigorous instructions detailing what I want it to do

what is programming
>>
>>58803312
right but obviously it will become so simplistic that the need for a dedicated programmer will nearly disappear, am I insane or do people not realize that obviously this will happen. The need for me to know the basic language of what I'm trying to do will become nonexistent for most needs to where the job will evaporate, it's probably a good job for the next 10 years but I could easily see it dry up as a career path
>>
>>58803353
Are you fucking stupid?
>Am i insane
Yes
What is UML
>>
>>58803353
So you figured out how to write an algorithm that can write any other algorithm?
>>
>>58803129
It's not what op meant.
He meant that he wrote something like 1*2+4-3+1-2=2 instead of 1+1=2
>>
>>58803391
I don't know how to code at all, my question was whether or not people think their pursuit in coding will ultimately lead to it being obsolete, I'm sure people will just green text me saying I don't know how to code but if anything it gives me a more objective view of it than people who are burdened with knowledge
>>
>>58803418
>I don't know how to code at all
We can tell.

>it gives me a more objective view of it than people who are burdened with knowledge
No, you just talk about shit you have no idea about.
>>
>>58803418
look up "high level language". programming is constantly being automated
>>
>>58803391
yeah it is called functional programming
>>
>>58803130
Its more to do with experience.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.