[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My pc has been acting weird lately and now doesn't work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1472717489416.png (89KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
1472717489416.png
89KB, 353x332px
My pc has been acting weird lately and now doesn't work at all.

The first thing I noticed was that games started to freeze irregularly for ~3 seconds, before there's a chirp noise coming from the computer case it self and the fps increasing to 100+ again. This is why I thought it was my main drive SSD starting to die (which I keep my games on).

Then one day, one boot, I wasn't connected to the internet. I restarted the computer and then all was fine. huh.

But today, I can't even boot into windows. I get the windows loading logo then a black screen until I unplug the power. Then it boots into the windows restore thing, and alternates if I restart it again. I neither can do a system restore upon boot (error 0x800700b7).

I did however manage to grab a boot log:
http://pastebin.com/c3z7RWLP

So then I did a clean install of windows on my SSD. First boot after installation I got into windows just fine, with networks drivers working and all (they didn't when I booted into safe mode network mode). Upon another reboot I get literally the same error as previously described.

Then I tried a clean install on my other hard drive, my HDD. Here too the network drivers worked fine. I restarted and it was actually fine another time too, then a pop-up came up notifying me that default display drivers had been installed and that I should reboot to see the effect. Upon rebooting the computer shit itself again in the same way. Here's the bootlog for a fresh install:
http://pastebin.com/W4bGF89W

Next, I tried unplugging the GPU GTX 780ti and lo and behold, it boots with no problems with the integrated Intel HD graphics, with zero drivers failures. Here's a boot log of that
http://pastebin.com/4aMfLAtR

So what could it be? Obviously neither any hard drive or any corrupted windows version (despite it not loading other drivers such as audio or network). Feels like it's either the MOBO or the graphics card shitting themselves. Or both? How can I test which one is faulty?
>>
Put the GPU in another rig if you have a friend that will let you test it. It could also be the PSU as the gpu draws the most power out of all the PC components. By removing the gpu it may alleviate issues with the PSU. Could also be the mobo has been damaged, also usually psu related.

What's the model and wattage of your power supply?
>>
>>58800652
I don't have any real friends ;__;
Seasonic X-650 650W.
Thing is I can't afford to buy a new PSU, MOBO and GPU so I have to choose one if it isn't fixable.
>>
>>58800719
Youre in a tough spot my friend its test and get lucky. I know people who replaced almost every component before finding out what the issue is.

Id say gpu is most likely the cause, nvidia probably felt it was time for you to upgrade.

Seasonic PSUs are very solid so i doubt its that.

Mobo is also very likely but youd see some issues consitently during your reinstalls
>>
>>58800823
I'm still curious as to whether a dedicated GPU is connected or not can prevent OTHER drivers than the gpu's to load during boot, such as the network one.
But I guess it would make sense for the GPU itself to be faulty instead of any drivers, given the symptoms and when the same problem happens after numerous clean windows installs.
>>
Anyways I updated my bios version to the latest with no issues (without the dedicated GPU plugged in). Could boot to windows again with no issues.
I replug the graphics card but in another pcie slot and the pc actually boots, but only remains on the windows desktop for 10 seconds before the screen goes black (pc doesn't shut down by the sound of it, just the screen). After a restart it's back to not being able to boot.
Looking like the gpu is faulty to me.
>>
File: 220px-Tux.png (39KB, 220x261px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Tux.png
39KB, 220x261px
>>58800612
>Windows
There's the problem
>>
>>58800612
I have an AMD vid card and im going through almost the exact same shit and literally experienced the same result after going through the same steps to resolve this.

>>58801677

thats my thread saying halp!

>>58801677
>>
>>58801992
ah
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.