[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A quick way to learn WordPress? I've talked my way into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: old_kid_zim_2.jpg (105KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
old_kid_zim_2.jpg
105KB, 400x300px
A quick way to learn WordPress?

I've talked my way into a web dev job at my college.
>>
>>58799792
Install it. be annoyed. done.
>>
>>58799792
if they actually expected you to know webdev skills going in, GL faking it. doing anything webdev beyond a basic website that looks pretty requires actual study/knowledge.
>>
>>58799847
I know html. At least I'm comfy with it. Learned a lil bit in class. That good enough professor?
>>
>>58800168
It isn't at all.

What sort of responsibilities will you have? Will you need to fufill the sys admin side? Will the content be easy enough to just edit through the CMS, or will you be expected to mess with custom themes or what?
>>
>>58800168
You will probably need CSS/JS as well, and maybe some illustrator/photoshop. Wordpress is honestly pretty straightforward but if you really don't know what you're doing, you're going to struggle hard.
>>
>>58800203
No custom themes. Just deleting a few objects and making an aside that's a rotating image album.

Updating contacts, ect.
>>
>>58799792
None.

Installing and fiddling with settings is one thing. Programming widgets, layouting, backend scripting and database management is another ballpark. You need a sizable knowledge on Python, PHP and JS, as well as CSS/HTML for the frontend.
>>
>>58800404
Oops, forgot about MySQL or whatever flavor of SQL you prefer.
>>
>>58800429
Familiar with all but php
>>
>>58799792
>A quick way to learn WordPress?
Simple. In fact, this is a quick way to learn ANYTHING.

Step 1) Quit being a lazy good-for-nothing dumbass.
Step 2) Study this website: http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
>>
>>58802942
My apologies. The correct URL is http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/
>>
>>58799792

Using Wordpress is not the sames as being a web dev. People who say they are Wordpress devs are actually just illiterate retards who know some html. If you build your sites in any CMS software you are literally retarded all of them are complete trash.
>>
>>58799847

No it doesn't wtf are you talking about. HTML CSS that's it you'll spend the rest of your day copying and pasting code from somewhere online.
>>
>>58799792
>A quick way to learn WordPress?
>I've talked my way into a web dev job at my college.
spot the fucking pajeet
>>
>>58802959
>not https
peasant
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.