[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Python is literally that one disgusting fat chick that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: NwaajGm.png (318KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
NwaajGm.png
318KB, 500x500px
Python is literally that one disgusting fat chick that's a good fuck.

It's so good for network attacks, exploitation, fuzzing and general scripting, but it feels like shit to write. Like the libraries are nice, the language tools are nice, you can develop and compose really nice programs with minimal effort, but what kind of shit is whitespace dependent syntax, combined with shit like "not" instead of !, "lambda" instead of simple arrow function...etc.

It feels great to use, but horrid to look at. Syntax is so ass backwards for so many things, but no one can deny the native libraries like os/socket/sys combined with the wealth of sec tools written for the language aren't great.

I love and hate python at the same time.
>>
>literally the only thing this h8er bitches about is syntax
truly the mark of a god-tier language
>>
>>58799119

Pathetic.

Try Ruby, the young hot sister of that fat chick.

>find out about metasploit
>have fancy shit syntax like ! for "not", switch statements
>have lamda functions with arrows
>escape whitespace hell
>don't ride the snake meme train
>>
>>58799119
I like Python because
I did a script in 10 min without know programming using shell commands stolen in stackerflow
Its nice that you Can import an other programming language
>>
>>58799119
Python is an easy to use language that has libraries for literally anything.

Disadvantage is it's slow. But high performance might be completely necessary for a lot of automated tasks.
>>
>>58799119
Its really good for analytics and ML work I hear, I've been meaning to learn it. Might make a start tomorrow.
>>
>>58799119
>complaining about anonymous functions being called 'lambda'

Literally end your life.
>>
>>58799119
>It feels great to use, but horrid to look at. Syntax is so ass backwards for so many things, but no one can deny the native libraries like os/socket/sys combined with the wealth of sec tools written for the language aren't great.
It means you can't write a code that looks good.
>>
>>58799119
It's been a long while, but I seem to remember people favoring perl over python for the tasks you've mentioned.

Did something change while I was gone?
>>
>>58803175
nobody under the age of 75 writes Perl anymore
>>
>>58799119
Yeh, felt exactly the same at the start. The white space is weird.

Once you get used to it and you follow pep8, i find debugging code is way faster and I couldn't figure out why for the longest time.

I think it has to do with blocks of code and how the whitespace forces it.

I don't give to much of a shit about the esoteric arguments for languages you see on programming sites. I'd code in morse if it was best for the situation.

Python is intuitive to code in. It is slower but computing power is so cheap. You can get around the gil easily and distribute processing in one's sleep.

The best thing about it are the infinite well written libraries. Machine learning, natural language processing, etc. Plus apis for most popular libraries in other languages. Raspberry pi hardware interface stuff. All the scientific libraries are so useful. The are so many scientist writing interesting things in the language is really helpful with any idea you might have.
>>
>>58799119
>that one disgusting fat chick that's a good fuck

The fuck are you talking about? Fat chicks are never good fucks, they just give amazing blowjobs.
>>
>>58803790
>it's because they like things going in their mouth
>>
>>58799322
>begin/end
>function calls without parentheses
>>
>>58799119
shit because it's not lisp
>>
>>58803187
I'm 74
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.