[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in having a published repository of git or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: f.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Is there any point in having a published repository of git or is a local committing to the .git directory enough for a person that works alone? I do backup all I do including .git to a cloud botnet that is synced to 2 computers so I do have redundancy there.
>>
What's even the point of using git then, if not to either 1) publish, 2) collaborate, or 3) backup
>>
>>58797929
There is more reasons to use version control the just that.
E.g. if you want to revert/view your code in a earlier form, in case you fuck the current code up.
>>
>>58797929
>>58797970

Yeah, it's mainly for fuck ups. Also sometimes you just want to see what the fuck you were doing back then in ancient history of two weeks ago.

I was using it a lot when I was hacking the ioquake3 code for a mod, it was fucking brilliant.

Also it's so fucking easy to use on GUIs that it's not even funny. Console is never needed.
>>
>>58798083
>gui over console
Git out...
>>
>working alone
>git
wow
>>
>>58798154
get out yourself

>>58798205
yes, for backups/reverting/commits in between phases of work, access from other computers, and in case you bring in another dev
>>
>>58798205
>>58799164

retards don't get how lightweight git is. You have a history of all your changes and each change takes like half a millisecond to be stored.

the entire point of git was that linus torvalds was fed up with the bloatware of the time.

so being complicated and heavy duty for the job my ass.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.