[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every high-end monitor purchase a lottery to get one that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: bpc[1].png (53KB, 474x454px) Image search: [Google]
bpc[1].png
53KB, 474x454px
Why is every high-end monitor purchase a lottery to get one that doesn't have enough problems to ruin the experience?
>>
>>58797324
Just keep sending it back until you get a good one then
>>
Because you're falling for the IPS meme
TN is consistent, VA is consistent, IPS has half a dozen problems and fixes issues that don't exist with other panels
>>
lcd is premature technology
>>
>>58797324
no, they tend to have all the problems ironed out by then
>>
>>58797384
this is wrong though, va as well as tn can have backlight bleed, dead pixels, or software related issues which only can get fixed by the manufacteurer

>>58797396
your existence is premature bioligy
>>
I bought a 144hz BenQ some years ago, it worked great with no issues, no dead pixels etc.
I bought a 240hz BenQ a couple weeks ago, it worked great with no issues, no dead pixels, etc.

So no issues so far. Maybe you're purchasing shit monitors.
>>
>>58797497
BenQ and Eizo have the best quality control in their process in my experience

dell, iiyama, samsung and lg are midtier regarding QC, and this varies heavily product by product

but acer, aoc and asus can get really really worse and all their products can turn out to be not worth the price tag if you're unlucky
>>
>>58797489
Backlight bleed is basically nonexistent with TN, and especially with VA
And dead pixels and software issues (what does this mean?) are hardly specific to high end monitors or any grouping of monitors, dead/stuck pixels can happen at any time after production, it's just something you have to check for when you get it
>>
probably because its a newer form of meme technology called AHVA. Which is to say does very well in performance BUT only if you win the lottery. Also most people don't really care for it since its like 700 dollars and uses a meme resolution. So manufacturers don't care and bid to the idea of maximizing profit over quality
>>
>>58797384
>TN is consistent

Consistently trash.
>>
>>58797674
i had a tn panel once and it had backlight bleeding. it was some 120€ 1080p philips panel from 2010 i believe though.

i agree with you on the VA panel backlight bleed resistance

here is an example how a somewhat pricey monitor can be fucked up by software when the manufacteurer cared too little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmFQ_vfPzfU
>>
you don't need a monitor to enjoy your computer
>>
File: 1474507259833.jpg (73KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1474507259833.jpg
73KB, 600x577px
>>58797324
You don't understand, they're all a lottery. This guy:

>>58797384

This guy is full of shit. I've returned 5 fucking 144hz TNs in the past 6 months to get one that is:

- Free of horizontal scanlines.
- Looks half-decent out of the box without a need for an ICC profile because some games don't give a fuck about your Windows calibration.
- Free of overt backlight bleed. Tough luck, each and every one bled here or there or had a clouding patch. The one I have right now glows throughout the entire bezel *and* has a big ass clouding patch on the entire upper 1/4th of the screen. But fine, you know, whatever - at least it works, right? Fuck no, it's got an irreversible OSD bug. It's good for nothing and I likely won't be able to return it without yelling at the seller who's actually a very nice guy.

So yes, 58797384, has no fucking clue. Reddit somehow shat out this meme that IPS panels are more prone to backlight bleed than TNs which is total bullshit and misunderstanding of what IPS glow is.

With IPS, you get somewhat poor contrast and you get IPS glow in dark scenes (which can be exacerbated by poor uniformity, but there's nothing inherent to IPS that makes it prone to poor uniformity). That's it, they're fine otherwise.

You want to minimize your chance of clouding and backlight bleed, you get a VA because the defects won't show. If there's mild clouding or bleed, you'll be able to see it at extreme angles, but head-on, you're very likely to be fine due to how they block light which is not the case with IPS and TN monitors.

LCDs are fucking bullshit. And the thing you got there is not "high-end" by any means. It's entry level. Entry level for a 144hz, 1440p 27'' IPS monitor. If you think it's not, well, do you know any significantly cheaper monitors in that category? These monitors are not handled in any special way, the panels are not cherry picked, there's nothing in the manufacturing process that sets it apart from cheap models.
>>
File: gerge.jpg (23KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
gerge.jpg
23KB, 576x432px
>>58798163
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.