[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering that the Gameboy player alone isnt just a gameboy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: gamecube-gameboy-player.jpg (26KB, 192x320px) Image search: [Google]
gamecube-gameboy-player.jpg
26KB, 192x320px
Considering that the Gameboy player alone isnt just a gameboy advance inside (At least thats what google tells me) Its only a decoder for the Gamecube to play gameboy advance games with the help of a disk with instructions.

Given that we are now rendering gameboy games from a gamecube, would it be possible for the gameboy player to render outside of the gameboys specifications?
>>
Possibly
What are you trying to do?
>>
>>58788917
Not so much doing anything. More just curious as to what nintendo's plan might've been to "bottleneck" emulation to play like it was on the handheld.

I was curious if a game that really pushed the gameboy advance to its limits, suffering from dropped frames. Could the gamecube render the game better?
>>
>>58788902
>Considering that the Gameboy player alone isnt just a gameboy advance inside (At least thats what google tells me) Its only a decoder for the Gamecube to play gameboy advance games with the help of a disk with instructions
I'm not sure this is true. I always thought the Game Boy Player contained real GBA hardware, and this page on the Dolphin wiki seems to confirm it: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Game_Boy_Player
>Unlike devices such as Datel's Advance Game Port, the Game Boy Player does not use software emulation, but instead uses physical hardware nearly identical to that of a Game Boy Advance.

>>58788946
I guess this might have been possible. Even if the Game Boy Player contained a hardware GBA (I really think it does,) they might have been able to overclock the CPU. I don't know enough about GBA hardware to say if this would break compatibility or not. There are a lot of emulators out there for various platforms that let you increase or unlock the CPU clock to decrease stuttering, but when you start messing with timing like that, you run the risk of breaking games, for example, if (intentionally or unintentionally) a game has a built in assumption that a certain operation on the CPU will complete in a certain amount of time, it would break if the CPU speed is radically different. These kind of assumptions happened a lot on older consoles, since a game never had to run on anything other than an exact copy of the original hardware.
>>
>>58789070
I see. That seems to clear a lot of things up for me. Thanks.
>>
>>58788902
the gameboy player is pretty much just an actual gameboy, just with the display IO sent through to the gamecube (and controller IO taken from the gamecube)
>>
File: a.jpg (955KB, 1152x1206px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
955KB, 1152x1206px
there's very little to them
pic related
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.