[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.haloneuro.com/get-halo- sport So these things a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0146.jpg (60KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
60KB, 960x640px
https://www.haloneuro.com/get-halo-sport

So these things are supposed to stimulate your brain in a way that assists you in developing new skills. Do you suppose it works? On a more interesting note, do you suppose you could use the same (or similar) technology to mess with someone's head in other, less ethical, ways?
>>
so is this like those dumbass placebo mp3s that get you high on different drugs
>>
theres a bit of wet material that sends electro shocks thought the skin on your head.

i'm sure this stimulates specific parts of my brain.

the above is a story of fiction and falsehood. only a fool would take it as fact.

just like those headphones. also fake.
>>
>>58784236

I-doser? I don't know much about the Halo set, but I doubt it. Those are strictly audio, whereas this imparts actual electrical stimulation. Different tech.

>>58784243

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

Altering the brain's function through EM stimulation is a thing. It's unclear whether this device properly induces those effects, but the effects themselves have been proven.
>>
>>58784259
this device uses 2 pads which use a single electrical path

it's not electromagnetics, it's just electricity running through the top layers of your head.
>>
>>58784326

That fact itself does not answer any question herein.
>>
>>58784198
>Do you suppose it works?
if you think this shit works, you have an IQ that's under 100.
>>
>>58784384

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_magnetic_stimulation

>Evidence suggests it is useful for neuropathic pain and treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.

>TMS uses electromagnetic induction to generate an electric current across the scalp and skull without physical contact.

It's likely to be bogus, but not necessarily. It's worth asking questions about, especially given the potential benefits of this kind of thing, if functionally implemented.
>>
File: it_does_nothing.png (322KB, 646x438px) Image search: [Google]
it_does_nothing.png
322KB, 646x438px
>>58784342
i've marked in red where these pads are situated.

please note that these parts have no importance on short term or long term memory.
>>
>>58784438
SHITHEAD, this doesn't do TMS.

Your IQ estimate is now at 85.
>>
You're the kind of kid who's scream "mind control" if I showed you animal collective, aren't you?
>>
Will electrotherapy be the drug of the future?
>>
>>58784455

There is a third pad on top. You shopped that picture, but you didn't even bother to do your homework re: the headset itself.

I'm not straight-up saying that you're wrong or that the headset does anything, but dot your i's and cross your t's before being an arrogant twat.
>>
>>58784466

I'm not saying it does TMS. I'm saying that controlled electrical stimulation of the brain can, in fact, cause transient cognitive changes, as evidenced by TMS.
>>
Should've sticked with good old iron spikes for better stimulation.
>>
fucking audiophiles I swear
>>
>>58784517
a-are you REALLY calling me an arrogant twat after all the evidence and information i have already posted?

let me recap for you, because i think you need it:

every pad has a single electric circuit going through it. there are no individual areas that can be controlled.

there is no magnetism. it's just electricity flowing through the skin on your skull.

the pads do not reach the places in your brain that would impact long or short term memory (including muscle memory)

the pads do not reach the brain at all.

i did my homework regarding biology, and regarding medical science. now please stop, i don't want you to shill something that isn't worth it.
>>
>>58784198
Snake oil.
>>
>>58784534
then WTF are you posting about TMS?????????????????????????? you're really fucking stupid.
>>
>>58784669

No, you're stupid. You're stupid because you don't realize that two things do not have to bear a 1:1 relation in order to be relevant. Pointing out that TMS proves that electrical stimulation of the brain can produce transient cognitive changes, thereby indicating that other devices could potentially achieve results by leveraging the same general idea, is not the same thing as claiming that the headset does TMS. Reading comprehension.

>>58784665

You seem to be claiming to know an awful lot about this headset for someone who doesn't even know that it has three pads. I'm not shilling, I'm just not tolerating ass-talking.
>>
>>58784731
the 3 pads do not cover any parts of your head that are of meaning for what it claims to be for.

you're trying to divert the conversation away from all the info and evidence of bullshittery. that's shilling.
>>
>>58784852

Far from shilling, I first heard of this thing like 40 minutes ago. I'm interested in the concept, but I'm not invested in the product itself. I'd prefer it if you argued well, though. You're not.

And, incidentally, *you're* trying to divert the conversation away from the fact that you made claims against the device that exhibited a lack of knowledge of basic facts about the device (the number of pads).

And you absolutely are an arrogant twat.
>>
>>58784936
the ONLY mistake i made was mentioning (mistakenly) 2 pads, instead of 3. the difference this makes however, is close to none.

ALL my claims still apply, even with 3 pads.
>>
>>58784999

How am I supposed to take your word for it that the device emits one current per pad, that no magnetism is present, or that the brain can't be reached -- in other words, that there definitely is no effect -- when you didn't even do enough research to get its basic attributes right?
>>
>>58785208
you can't. you'll have to verify my claims yourself. as is normal in research.
>>
>>58785240

Why, then, would you venture to speak so authoritatively, going so far as to talk down to me for questioning your conclusions?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.