[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Parental unit purchases a 250$ router >To use with our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1448998949440.jpg (18KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
1448998949440.jpg
18KB, 376x260px
>Parental unit purchases a 250$ router
>To use with our 50$ modem
>And installs it without consulting me
>With help from a pajeet over the phone
>Using a router name paired with a password that a retard could crack
>Both the modem (which has an internal router) and the new 5ghz router appear on the router listing
>It works exactly the same (unreliable and shitty) as the previous configuration
>Get shit on for telling them this

WAKE ME UP
>>
Just say you like it, are glad they bought it and that it helps a lot while fixing it silently.
Ungrateful shit.
>>
>>58781660
>Just say you like it, are glad they bought it and that it helps a lot while fixing it silently.
This. Why can't you just configure it silently instead of chimping out like a retard?
>>
>>58781660
I can't be fucked, like I said, it's exactly the same. Now we just have another router listed that's less secure than the old one. That'd be the only thing to fix, since my computer's card isn't compatible with 5ghz anyway.

I refuse to continue to stay silent about the family's retarded choices when it comes to technology. They're intelligent people, and it's like they're willfully ignorant about this one particular area.
>>
>>58781702
You must be 18 to post on this board. Since you must be 18, I suggest you move out.
>>
>>58781702
My parents do nothing but buying stupid things. They bought a €900 amplifier just because this one could connect to Spotify. I'm not gonna say "gosh u r a bunch of dumb retards could've bought a chromecast and saved 870 for a sick GNU+Linux machine" but just installed it for them and made a spotify account. They are happy now and felt like they outsmarted me.
>>
>>58781742
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if half the userbase of this website is underage by now.
>>
>>58781742
23 in less than a month famalama. I didn't say I wasn't a (clinically diagnosed) major depressive NEET. Is a reliable internet connection too much to ask?

I made the classic blunder of telling people that I know how to computer.
>>
>>58781752
They outsmarted you?

I hope if I have children I'm financially stable enough to watch my child sperg the fuck out over silly shit and laugh behind their back. Which I think you're just imagining at this point.
>>
>>58781636
Factory reset everything involved at 3 AM after reading the flanfly thread, and just change everything except for the password.
>>
>>58781636
1. $250 and $50

2. explain to them that the modem is interfering with the super great router they bought and have the turn off the wifi part.

3. no one fucking cares about your wifi, no ones going to hack it you're not that god damn special
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.