[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to register a domain. Lets say I live in the US, as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1482462331158.png (39KB, 448x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482462331158.png
39KB, 448x240px
I want to register a domain.

Lets say I live in the US, as example, I want to register 4chn.uk.

I then pronounce my name "4chan UK".

Can 4chan.org sue me for looking similar and sounding the same?
>>
Are you the owner of Google.com?
>>
>>58781272
Google.com
>>
>>58781202
>Can 4chan.org sue me for looking similar and sounding the same?- 1 post shown.

If 4chan, Inc. owns a registered trademark, and your website is visually similar or easily mistakable for 4chan, Inc.'s, then yes.

As well, they may petition ICANN to remove your website if a trademark infringement is occurring.

None of this happens in real life except with yuge companies though.
>>
>>58781282
>>58781272
Well apparently 4chan doesn't support the half sized capital g Unicode letter
>>
>>58781202
No, there's 8chn, and countless of other replicas that have been up for years.
>>
>>58781308
What if its not a chan but another website? Like Twitter and I register Twyttr and my site is about monetizing bird sounds.
>>
>>58781347
That would be fine. It has to be somewhat related and you'd need to be trying to gain market from using the name usually for it to infringe. The company could still bleed you dry in court though just because.
>>
>>58781202
Apart from trademark, there *can* be other laws against impersonation of an entity or person.

But if you make the distinction between you and the other entity clear enough, the most you are likely to get is a domain takedown.

There isn't even any real money in suing over noncommercial trademark infringement in most of the world, same as for violating copyright.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.