[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> It's interesting how all the cool things seem to come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

> It's interesting how all the cool things seem to come from Microsoft these days.

This is literally the first sentence in the top comment on hacker news right now.
>>
>BTRFS
lmao
>>
Cortana is just clippy rebranded.

>>58779402
>NTFS
>>
>>58779391

> Wayland
Not MS concern, Windows is not ideal but it's not even close to Xorg level of cancer

> Vulcan
DirectX 12.
And DirectX 12 also supports painless multi GPU setups without SLI or Crossfire, while OpenGL is still figuring out a new API that doesn't suck.

> BTRFS
I thought you meant cool things?
But if you insist: ReFS

> Containers
Yeah it's not like Microsoft is doing anything related to that right? Docker for windows, App-V, Nano server, …
>>
>posting a screenshot of an unposted comment at another community in your personal echo chamber
>>
>>58779391
> git
> ui
wat
>>
>>58779391
>Wayland
Literally a failed attempt to get rid of X cancer and make poor man's Aero Windows has for a decade now.
>Vulkan
Literally an attempt to remake Dx12.

>What cool things they are making?
.NET is the best developing platform out there, and it's free and open source.
VS is the best IDE and the Community edition is free.
VS Code is one of the best code editors and it's free and open source.
>>
yeah I guess bash on windows is pretty lame right?
>>
>>58779462
None of those things are cool though. Vulkan is cool. Linux containers are cool and innovative.

Docker for windows is not original. App-v is not cool.

They make business products, not software for tech-enthusiasts.
>>
>>58779391
Who gives a fuck about nerds and their tools? Windows is for gaymers and office wageslaves. We like how the system is reliable, just werks and runs all the software we need on demand.

I couldn't care less about programmers who are like 1% of desktop user market.
>>
>>58779490
user interface, what allows users to use it
>>
>>58779816
wayland, vulcan, btrfs and containers aren't for programmers specifically
>>
>>58779915
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>58779391
to be fair, M$ has made some cool things, but they are all laden in nonfree garbageware and tied to a spyware OS.

even muh .NET is still patented and no matter how "free" the license is, you still have to comply with M$s whim. Doesn't help that most .NET projects depend on nonfree M$ .NET shit anyhow.
>>
>literally no one itt can name a cool product by MS
>>
>>58779978
Nothing I'm aware of. I'm not whoever posted that.
I thought you didn't understand what the UI was the way you worded that.
>>
>>58780023
hololens
.NET
those stupid paper white display panels found in kindles
TFS

though don't count me naming it as support for it or M$
>>
>>58780043
>hololens

unoriginal, so it doesn't count

>.NET

Awful
>>
>>58780043
.NET still is inferior overall to Java's VM. Even if you want cool Languages Java has the Scala VM and others (acts as fairly commonly used method to make Python faster etc.)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.