[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CPU is getting cooked. Ordering a new one. Which one should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

CPU is getting cooked.

Ordering a new one.

Which one should I get, the meme version i7-7700k?
please respond

I game almost exclusively and have 2 meme 970s sli and was getting over 144 fps before my piece of shit i5 3470 got memed.

lads
>>
please respond
>>
I don't even know what you're saying. Stop being a faggot dude.
>>
get 6700k Kaby Lake has shit temps and performance gain and Skylake is cheaper now.

Literally no reason to upgrade to Kaby Lake when Skylake is still relevant
>>
File: 1476547761684.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476547761684.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>58773963
Get a 6700K unless you have "Window malware version 10" or Linux as an OS then get the 7700K.
>>
Theres only a handful of situations where an i7 will get a noticable performance increase versus an i5. It all depends on what games you play on whether that extra 2-5% is worth it. I say get an i5 6600k or 7600k.
>>
>>58774015
Sad!
>Leftist cuck gets confused.
>blames others for his shortcomings
>>
>>58774043
many such cases!
>>
I have the i5 6600 (non k).

Very good cpu and I highly recommend. Plus you can always upgrade to an i7 later.
>>
I had 3470 and 970. Upped to a 6700k. Surprisingly expensive because you need a new mobo, might as well upgrade to ddr4, and new cpu cooler too. Luckily I got mine for $280 at Microcenter. Best deals
>>
>>58774150
You need a new motherboard?
I already have a watercooler and my cpu is still overheating.
>>
>>58774179
make sure all the screws holding the cooler to the cpu/mobo are all finger tight and level
it's possible that there's a sliver of the cpu that's got less contact than the rest, which means heat builds up and isn't taken away by the cooler
>>
>>58773963
Stop saying meme so much it makes you look retarded

As for your cpu, why don't you define a budget, look what fits it and then compare with legit benchmarks like a proper drooling gamer?
>>
>>58774179
Yeah, the 6700k or 7700k is a different chipset than 3470. Forced me to upgrade most other things with it. I was also stupid and bought a board that couldn't use the RAM from my previous mschine. Which is why I had to go to ddr4 from ddr3. Lots of added costs when upgrading old cpus.
>>
>>58774230
Was getting memed part of your plan?
You cucked-out determinist faggot.
>>
Kaby is a badly oced Skylake.

Pros and cons:
+ 7700k hits higher clocks easily so if you get lucky with chip lottery you could easily get that 5Ghz on it with air
+ Few rather insignificant changes like 4K iGPU streaming and vp9 encoding.
+ Longer support from mobo manufacturers and Intel

- Temperatures are fucking terrible even on best air coolers and stock clocks. Only option being risky delidding or paying for an expensive liquid loop that costs more than your gpus and cpu combined
- More expensive mobos and cpu outside of USA are hard to justify for literally same performance per clock.
- Outside of unlocked CPUs there is absolutely no way to oc non-k CPUS. Using older Z170 mobos won't work since reversing BIOS means no Kaby support (Meanwhile Skylake can actually do it but you do sacrifice shit like iGPU and core temp readings).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.