[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I bought 2 Dell UltraSharp 2715h, thanks to recommendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: S5_left-1.jpg (102KB, 1123x800px) Image search: [Google]
S5_left-1.jpg
102KB, 1123x800px
Hey /g/

I bought 2 Dell UltraSharp 2715h, thanks to recommendation from here. They are fucking great but the colors are ever so slightly off from each other.

I'm thinking about buying a monitor calibrator but over 100€ is pretty expansive. So could someone with experience talk about some calibrators?

The one I'm looking at is the Spyder 5 Express, is this a good one?
>>
>>58768432
is it a wide gamut monitor?

if yes, don't bother. You'll probably need some high end spectrometer instead of some shitty sRGB colorimeter.
>>
>>58768553
As far as I know its just sRGB.
>>
Depending where you live, you might be able to find somewhere to rent one.
>>
If you can't modify (you can't with that model) the internal LUT, don't bother.
It's slow and fugly, but adjust by eye.
>>
>>58768553
>You'll probably need some high end spectrometer instead of some shitty sRGB colorimeter.
Bullshit. Spectrometer is actually worse than decent colorimeters like i1 Display Pro.

Spyder5 is better than all the previous models, but it's still worse than i1 Display Pro and their price is almost identical, so why the fuck not.
But again, if you can't program the internal LUT, don't bother.
>>
Call Best Buy
>>
>>58768585
Oh i tried adjusting by eye but I suck at it. To my eyes the only color that i can tell that is different is white. One monitor is paper white the other one has a "warmer" white, maybe yellowish but not really. I only see it when I compare the whites directly.
>>
>>58768661
Is this a meme? I'm from germany, no Best Buy here anon.
>>
>>58768622
it helps that the i1 display pro also works with free software like argyllcms
>>
>>58768432
Can't you rent them from some places?
>>
>>58768702
I haven't look into it but I thought when you have a calibration tool you use them monthly? Renting them every month seems pretty stupid.
>>
>>58768730
I would have assumed it was a set and forget thing. What causes it to go out of calibration?
>>
Look around eBay, you might be able to find older models for cheaps. I got an i1 Display2 and a Spyder2 Pro for about 20$ total. I like the GretagMacbeth/X-Rite one better though, as its more Linux-compatible.
>>
>>58768767
As far as I understand it, brightness of monitors deteriorates over time and the colors change thanks to that. But that's just google and a couple of youtube videos trying to sell calibration tools.
>>
>>58768820
Yeah, you might not even notice it.
I've never calibrated a monitor though, so you could just rent one to begin with and if you notice them beginning to change within a month just buy one.
>>
If you are in EU then just buy one, open carefully, calibrate monitor with it and then send back to store.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.