[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have a hard drive that has Two partitions One partition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hmmz.png (74KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hmmz.png
74KB, 1920x1080px
If you have a hard drive that has Two partitions

One partition has a lot of free space,

The other partition is close to completely empty:

Will the performance on partition 1 suffer because of the low space on partition 2?

The OS is on Partition 1.
>>
>1 with free space
>1 empty
did you mean "full"?
>>
>>58765875
no? it's still the same drive, only if you fill it all up, then it will suffer to write fast
>>
>>58766062
>no?
"NO" ITS NOT A QUESTION, LEARN ENGLISH YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, I SINCERELY WISH YOU TO LOSE YOUR HANDS AND EYES IN SOME ACCIDENT, FUCK YOU, DIE
>>
Random access times could differ
maybe it's even faster (if you're only using one partition actively)
>>
>>58766425
>tfw op has the same partitioning as me
>but his music partition is only 150gb
>tfw I immediately assume he is compressing his music to shitty mp3.
>>
>>58766385
do you even know where you are?
>>
>>58766062
>I don't know what I'm talking about.

The answer is yes it will suffer because your hard drive only has one arm to move the reading heads. So if it's doing a lot of work on partition 2, it will have less free time to access partition 1. This won't necessarily happen just because the drive is full though.
>>
>>58765875
No
>>58767079
He clearly asked about partition 1
Not about both at the same time
>>
>>58767296
I explained that how the second partition could nake access to the first one slower. If you don't use the second partition then obviously it has no effect.
>>
i have a multi-boot hard drive with linux, dos and windows xp. if i fill my kettle to the top with water, will my car slow down my phones 4g download speed while using wifi?
>>
>>58770640
But that's because your kettle has no interaction with you phone. Both partitions share a resource.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.