[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://blog.documentfoundation.org /blog/2017/02/01/the-doc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: LibreOffice-53-banner-big.png (33KB, 2893x638px) Image search: [Google]
LibreOffice-53-banner-big.png
33KB, 2893x638px
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2017/02/01/the-document-foundation-announces-feature-rich-libreoffice-5-3/

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

Why have you not joined the LibreOffice master race, /g/?
>>
>>58761701
>Size: 211M (221245440 bytes)
who would install a 211 million byte text editor?
>>
I do have Libreoffice though.
However, I am not some boring person who gets excited over fucking office software.
Anyway, when I need to write a document for some shit, I prefer to use LaTeX.
>>
This will sound like shilling but I actually find MS Word, the Office 365 version, to be faster and less obnoxious than the past like 5 versions of Word.
>>
>>58761767
holy shit the desktop version is still hell though, have to use it for work and i feel like killing myself daily
>>
>>58761792
I'm talking about the desktop (well, laptop) version.

It takes the same time to launch as LibreOffice Writer and generally performs the same.

I don't really have a preference though. I just do a lot of proofreading for other people and end up using the Review feature of Word a lot.
>>
It's dicks. I love it when I have to do basic things such as insert pictures inside of cells and it decides not to let me do that right.
>>
>>58761711
That's the whole suite, Word Aline is bigger than that.
>>
>>58761711

It's not a text editor, it's an assortment of text manipulating/formatting, spreadsheet, presentation, database and other software.
>>
I updated to 5.3 but everything looks the same? How do I get the new ribbon look?
>>
I don't even use any text editors beyond Notepad
>>
>>58763684

oh, you have to do this:

Turn on experimental features by going to Tools > Options > LibreOffice General > Advanced > Experimental features.
Enable the “Notebook bar” ribbon by going to View > Toolbar Layout > Default/Single toolbar/Sidebar/Notebookbar and select from the three available modes.
>>
>>58761701
>a new cross-platform text layout engine that uses HarfBuzz for consistent text layout on all platforms
Does this mean LibreOffice will finally have anti-aliased fonts on Windows?
>>
>>58761711
>text editor
>>
>>58761701
master race, yeah right

I mean I use it, yes, but only because it's free. And I use 4.4 version, and if 5.x is shipped with linux i downgrade to 4.4

they removed one superfeature from 4.5 and onwards it's retarded.
>>
>>58761711
I can't tell if you're trying to make a joke or are just retarded.
>Probably retarded
>>
>they fell for the ribbon meme
God dammit.

I hope we'll retain the ability to turn that shit off
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.