[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to learn how to make a good website. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: web design.jpg (162KB, 1292x646px) Image search: [Google]
web design.jpg
162KB, 1292x646px
I'd like to learn how to make a good website. I'll start with a personal website. I already know the basics of HTML, but I'd like to know more about how to make a good layout, arrange content, use divs, etc. Does anyone know a good book or resource on how to make a website?
>>
>>58759790
It is called "Web Design".
>>
>>58759801
Rereading, that comes off as a bit "asshole"-ish. I apologize.

Google "good books on web design". /g/ will not know, because we do programming, not design.
>>
W3schools
>>
>>58759790

Also, something I just learned is that in HTML5 they introduced whole bunch of useful tags, like "nav". Whoa. I've been out of the game for a while.

>>58759813
>tripfag

Fuck off, faggot.
>>
skip learning about tables, floats, img's, css cross-browser hacks,

learn flexbox, picture, polyfills, and css grid property

this is new web structure already supported by most modern browsers. I just saved you a headache.
>>
>>58759845

Thanks.
>>
>>58759790
>arrange content, use divs, etc

https://www.google.com/search?q=flexbox+tutorial
>>
>>58759834
> useful tags, like "nav"

These tags aren't useful and don't doing anything meaningful by themselves; they're just glorified divs. They're part of some hand-wavey attempt at reviving the "semantic web" idea the W3C never succeeded at. I guess they're useful to search engines and text-to-speech programs possibly as well.
>>
Flexfroggy is a good one. Check out the jon duckett books if you are new
>>
>>58759834
>Not recognizing The Falcon

Dude, like, I may not agree with him on everything, but how new are you?

Also, you're going to have to learn CSS and maybe JS if you want your website to not look like it came out of 1995. You can always read up on /wdg/ if you so choose right here, >>58734288.

>>58761719 is good advice. Though you might want to not become to reliant on the flexbox property since it can't solve everything.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.