[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck does Russia want with my website? It's a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: stats.png (41KB, 1678x480px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
41KB, 1678x480px
What the fuck does Russia want with my website?

It's a small personal portfolio site that I'm applying to jobs with, it was getting maybe 5 hits on a good day until 3 days ago when the flood of hits from Russia and other shitfuckistans started.

I know 276 visitors isn't much to talk about, but it still pisses the fuck out of me. If anything, it makes it harder to see if I got any hits from this or that company that I applied to in the logs.

Can I tell the ruskies to fuck off somehow? The site is Wordpress, it's fully up to date and patched and I found no exploits when scanning and checking stuff manually.
>>
>wordpress
They're looking for exploit vulnerabilities.
>>
company you applied to sold your data
>>
Same problem here on a neocities website:
I got maybe 80 users who go there to download my programs, yet somehow the website has "14,659 views". Those gotta be crawlers, right?
>>
>>58757055
Check the user agents and IPs
>>
>>58757081
Neocities won't let me, and I didn't include any analytics on it.
>>
>>58756992
Absolutely, unequivocally this
>>
>>58756983
That's what I figured, at least the site hasn't been compromised.

I'm in the annoying position where I'm not completely clueless in terms of system administration, but even when that enables me to see that shit is broken, I'm not at the level where I could fix shit easily or competently. And getting to that level would required too much time and effort (obviously it's not /g/-related jobs I'm applying to). At the very least, I wish I could feel 100% confident fucking around in fucking .htaccess.

>>58756992
>>58757104
How, by selling my portfolio address to the highest bidder? It wasn't meant to be private, the website is open and was built with SEO in mind. I just wish I was getting real traffic on it (as small as it was) like I did for the first month instead of fucking Ivan bots.
>>
iptables block any IP that tries to do a shitload of connections at once and is scanning ports.

Google it, it's easy to setup
>>
>Byelorussian SSR
U w0t m8
Spectre of communism much?
>>
>>58757302
Yup they're the only ones doing shit right.

>>58756966
I know man I uploaded a placeholder on monday -business card basically- and got quite a lot of traffic. I never even started uploading the full site nevermind publicising it. But yeah crawlers. But for what I wonder.
>>
File: 1483831724270.jpg (46KB, 325x326px)
1483831724270.jpg
46KB, 325x326px
>>58756966
It's usually automated bots trying to find vulnerabilities. Nothin' personell, kid.
>>
File: giphy.gif (695KB, 500x285px)
giphy.gif
695KB, 500x285px
>>58757302
shhh
>>
>>58757225
Don't have access to that, it's on a shared managed host.
>>
>>58756966
Ask Trump
>>
File: 1485180240219.jpg (58KB, 600x813px)
1485180240219.jpg
58KB, 600x813px
>>58756966
>What the fuck does Russia want with my website?
Russia has tons of cheap proxy VPNs that you can buy for few bucks a month... and Russia doesn't cooperate with FBI/US so if you want to hack without fear, buy a cheapo Russian VPN.
>>
Cyka blyat
>>
>>58757622
All this is OK as long as there's nothing they can exploit in your data-stream.
If you are going to trust a rogue Ivan I admire your courage.
>>
>>58758816
no need to trust. just encrypt you retard. and they seem more trustworthy than any american company since there's no NSLs.
>>
>>58758841
>russian vpn
>trusting encryption
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.