[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to get accurate google search results nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2332.png (20KB, 568x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2332.png
20KB, 568x192px
Why is it so hard to get accurate google search results nowadays? What the fuck happened?

What's /g/'s favorite search engine?
>>
>>58747808
You just can't use google, retard. Look for google search commands
>>
>>58747808
I used pure DuckDuckGo for about a year, but lately I've been very disappointed with the inaccurate search results it gives, while doing the same search on Google would bring up relevant results. So I know I'm still using DuckDuckGo but with the !g flag, I don't want to be a part of the botnet but damned if they don't have their AI figured out.

That's just my personal experience though. DuckDuckGo has some interesting features for programmers (see DuckDuckHack), but in terms of the actual algorithm nothing can beat Google yet.
>>
>>58747808
Google doesn't search for verbatim results anymore. You have to enable it yourself. You could also use pretty much any search engine that's not google.
>>
>>58747808
Because Google ranks according to popularity and everyone know the average human is a dumbass.
>>
>>58747808
"group words together in quotes" -and -exvlude -with -minus

site:www.4chan.org

Wow, so hard.
>>
>>58747923
>search "bag fuck"
>get "Bag - Wikipedia" f̶u̶c̶k̶
Great search engine Goog.
>>
>>58747923

It used to be so easy. It's like they filter so much stuff now that gives results that are so irrelevant to what I'm looking for.
>>
>>58747808
>Don't know how to use something
>Blame something
Whatever, grandpa
>>
>>58748008
I used to get accurate results before by just asking a question. The first page alone would contain the exact same words. Now even with verbatim turned on, it still sucks.
>>
What happens to every Conglomerate pinky. They took over the world. There is only one way to go from the top.
>>
>>58748156
Are you retarded?

I've been using quotes for years. That's how you search properly, retard.

Fuck off, grandpa
>>
>>58747808
>>
Bing for the free shit
>>
When I seach for my websites domain on Google (xxx.com) I find it on the third page. When I write the name out I cant find it at all.

While my Twitter and Linkedin of that website are the first page and form the first and second result.
>>
>>58747863
startpage mate
>>
>>58748302
I do get the top result in Bing though.
>>
Because jews want you to see their propaganda and anything that goes against their narrative gets axed.
>>
>>58747923
Some of the words are just outright ignored, even if they are in quotes. Other dorks still work, I use intitle: a lot.
>>
>>58747808
Whats the best search engine for privacy?
Startpage? Duckduckgo?
>>
>>58748315
Startpage is too sluggish for some reason, also I also hate the layout.
DuckDuckGo is perfect for me. It's simple, it's fast, it returns good results by itself, and whenever I need to do a more sophisticated and in-depth search I just append !g and it takes me instantly to an encrypted google search page, instead of whatever the hell Startpage does that makes it take so long to return me some Google search results.
>>
>>58747808
what is collusion ? Welcome to an internet run by google.

>Muh other search engines don't have the same perfect google result
No, they do have accurate results without collusion.
>>
>>58748204
>free shit
>no privacy
>bad search results
>>
Baidu
>>
>>58747808
I use Gigablast, it's open source and comes up with decent results.
>>
all the websites actually just died
there's no 'harder search' or 'lower quality results'

all the sites just fell off 'le googlel map
>>
File: 1481166780805.png (280KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1481166780805.png
280KB, 1440x2560px
Try yandex, it is comfy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.