[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ Recently found that the first programming course for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pepes.jpg (21KB, 319x441px) Image search: [Google]
pepes.jpg
21KB, 319x441px
Sup /g/

Recently found that the first programming course for uni has +45% failure rate. It's all about teaching C.

I wanna do super good so I'll have one month to bulk up my knowledge so I have a headstart when I start Uni in a month.

I'm fairly comfortable with basic babby shit like Python. Would it be a good idea to learn something a little more accessible like C++, to ease me into C while gaining another skillset?

or should I stop being a faggot and just learn C?
if so, What are some good resources for learning C? The Wiki seems like it hasn't been updated in years.

in
>>
>>58744731
>all about teaching C.

I r retard. it TEACHES C.
>>
The C Programming Language by Kernighan is still a godlike read
>>
Not sure how reliable he is, but he does seem to know his stuff: http://fabiensanglard.net/c/
He lists 4 books:
C programming Language
Expert C Programming
C: A Reference Manual
The Standard C Library
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>58745100
>The Standard C Library
This book is really brutal in terms of code, because it covers implementations of many complicated standard lib functionalities, all from scratch. I consulted it when programming highly optimized math functions for a university project.

I didn't like the presentation of the code. There were some typing errors and it wasn't particularly visually pleasing. But the work of Plaugher and the content of the book is incredible.
>>
C is great, I'd skip c++ if I were you. Pay attention in class, do all your work and you'll be fine. Keep in mind that of course the fail rate is gonna be high because it's the first class and it's probably full of slack jaw retards that think playing video games and knowing how to build a pc means you can be a programmer (see most of this board for example)

Honestly knowing any programming at all will give you a leg up on the rest of the class
>>
I've never hears of learning C++ to be more comfortable with C. As C is essentially a subset of C++ (with some important exceptions) most people who want to learn C/C++ start with C.
>>
>>58746494
>Using Plauger for university project
Do tell
>>
>>58744731
>>one month to bulk up my knowledge

go pick up some chicks and have a healthy social life /fit/izen. We don't like your kind here.
>>
>>58744731
Topcoder.com
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.