[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just came up with a potentially amazing idea for a business/website.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tfw ear.png (19KB, 644x718px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ear.png
19KB, 644x718px
I just came up with a potentially amazing idea for a business/website.

A website where people can go to, to easily get live access to computer help.

I'm trying to setup a remote desktop connection, and I've been greeted with all these errors for the past like TWO HOURS or so. And I'm just thinking like "why isn't there a website that I can go to to get live step-by-step help?

And it can be concerning ANYTHING..Mainstream shit like my Remote Desktop problem, to trying to connect a wireless game controller, to trying to setup a LAN connection for gaming to WHATEVER.

And yeah, it can be split for windows, linux, android, ios, whatever

Why doesn't this fucking exist in 2016? Let's do it and get hella fucking rich
>>
>>58743159
because the majority of people who go asking for IT help are too retarded to do things like follow instructions or read error messages
>>
wikihow exists
forums exist
>>
>>58743159
They won't pay enough for you to earn the minimum wage
>>
I'll start.
Install gentoo.
>>
ill start on the logo
>>
>>58743750
all too often people bump into problems along the way, due to a myriad of reasons, and then it goes into further googling and youtubing the error messages, and yadda yadda yadda.

This website could fucking alleviate that problem!
>>
>>58744655
Your customer base is the rather narrow band of people who are
a.) unretarded enough to actually search on the internet for a solution, follow instructions, etc.
if they just called their nephew who's "good at computers" to solve everything, they'd never find your website
b.) still un-tech-savvy enough that they're willing to pay you money to help them instead of just googling for solutions
>>
>>58743159

>t. never worked at tech support

Tech support for any given thing is incredibly hard because you need to have a knowledge base that includes everything about that thing; e.g. you need device manuals for all possible phone models. Your idea of support for absolutely anything is utterly retarded and you're an imbecile for not realizing how impossible it is. You're probably just thinking that since you're tech savvy you can wing it and solve all the problems that way, but that just isn't true.

Also the people willing to use that service need to be smart enough to look up their own stuff, thus finding the website, but not smart enough to find/follow guides that solve their problems. This poses an additional problem: the people who can use guides will also call you when their problems can't be fixed with the guides, meaning that they will be highly specific and harder problems that you won't be able to solve because you're not an expert at everything.

>inb4 I'll just hire an expert for every thing in the world hurr durr I'm a genius

And how much is their time gonna cost? You think you can cover their costs with what you're charging your costumers?
>>
This was on Shark Tank
Turned out past 100 or so clients it is no longer viable
>>
It already exists:

>>
>>
>>58744882
what the fuck is wrong with this board, why can't I just post a link to it
>>
Install Adobe reader
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.