[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no good technology discussion websites Are we stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1473904892658.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1473904892658.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>no good technology discussion websites

Are we stuck with /g/ forever?
>>
Enjoy your stay
>>
>>58742406
I'd rather discuss '''''''''''''''''''technology"""""""""""""""""""""""" with dumb frogposters, /v/ kids and arch loonix sperglords than with definitely-not-paid tech revieweres, forums moderated by paid shills and people who ask if they can run ten year old games on their outdated i5/8GB RAM/gtx 980 setups.
>>
Depends on what you're talking about OP. If you want consumer discussion aka /v/ 2.0, /g/ is perfect.
If you're looking for academic discussion of computer science, engineering, and related subfields, I'd suggest sticking to the /dpt/, heading to /sci/, and probably better than both of those, giving up on 4chan and lurking/posting on stackoverflow.
>>
>>58742610
>academic discussion on /sci/
the couple times i was there, climate change and IQ shitposters were all over the place. so yeah i disagree.
>>
Even that will be dead soon. /g/ has been flooded with redditors and deteriorated so badly in the last two years I can't see it existing in its current form in two years.
>>
File: you_shall_ride_eternal.jpg (41KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
you_shall_ride_eternal.jpg
41KB, 600x656px
>>58742958
> flooded with redditors

I see this complaint a lot but I hardly know the basis as to why it'd a bad thing. Moat redditors are just Canadian anons. Same sensibilities about memes and bullshit l just generally nicer.

Granted most tech boards on reddit are spammed with dumb questions by people who cant tie their shoes...

Same as here sometimes...
>>
90% of "real" tech discussion on /g/ is just nostalgia circlejerking because they are remembering a time when they didn't understand any of it or how it worked so they label this fear as "real"
>>
>people who ask if they can run ten year old games on their outdated i5/8GB RAM/gtx 980 setups.
Well about that...
>>
/g/ is just the dumpster fire I visit to mock and make fun of for personal enjoyment.

Improving this place would ruin the natural habitat of cringe and incompetence.
>>
>>58743034

fuck you and die cunt.

I agree with you.
>>
File: 1478799926706.png (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478799926706.png
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>58742406
>>
>>58743008
Figuring out why 4Chan hates redditors boils down to one horribly true fact, its a different website so fuck them. You'll never get a sensible answer. There isn't one. Its an US V THEM sort of kerfluffle.
>>
>>58743111
>>58743008
>You have to go back.
The problem with redditors is their pathetic blog style comments, constantly demanding a source for an opposing argument, even though they never provided one for their initial claim (blog) and constantly referring to logical fallacy arguments when they start losing.
>b-b-but that's a strawman/appeal to authority /etc
>>
File: toastman2.jpg (13KB, 252x190px) Image search: [Google]
toastman2.jpg
13KB, 252x190px
>>58743446
>The problem with redditors is their pathetic blog style comments, constantly demanding a source for an opposing argument, even though they never provided one for their initial claim (blog) and constantly referring to logical fallacy arguments when they start losing.

Lol gtfo fag
>>
https://news.ycombinator.com/news
>>
>>58743515
Great comeback. Should I give you an upvote?
>>
>>58742406
go to reddit for real discussion
most people are here to just shitpost
>>
>>58744677
You have to go back.
The second statement is sad, since it's the main disadvantage of anonymity.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.