[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If somebody has my ip, is it possible for them to ddos my connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ddos_attack[1].jpg (498KB, 2212x1585px) Image search: [Google]
ddos_attack[1].jpg
498KB, 2212x1585px
If somebody has my ip, is it possible for them to ddos my connection ONLY to a specific site? My connection is completely fine for all other sites while this happens. Or is it possible to do this in some way that's not a ddos attack?

I am a streamer on a somewhat small site and my stream gets cut out at VERY suspicious times over the last couple months and I don't believe they are "random" at this point. I've checked with my isp, am connected to my router using an ethernet cable, and otherwise have no issues except that my stream stops.
>>
>>58727954
Sounds more like malware or a RAT cutting packets sent to twitch.tv. It's probably just an issue with twitch though, as ddos attacks only ping ip addresses, and can't do what you described.
>>
>>58727994
I'm thinking it doesn't seem to be an issue with the site due to the suspicious timing. I've asked around if other streamers had similar issues but nobody has. It's been happening for months now...

As for malware, would anybody really care to write and get something installed on my computer for me personally? They would have to pay attention to my streams and sit there waiting to mess up my connection at specific times. If that's the case it must be a really big personal grudge.
>>
File: 1474399540792.jpg (532KB, 1286x999px) Image search: [Google]
1474399540792.jpg
532KB, 1286x999px
>>58727954
SHUT IT DOWN, THEY KNOW!
>>
I have somewhat the same problem. I can't determine who's mesing up my connection on important event times on my browser game. The ip logging to the browser game is not my own but my browsers over-the-cloud flash support so they could not get my real ip. The ip logging to the site is CloudMosa's servers located in the US. I'm not in the US. I see rather unconvincent that CloudMosa is mesing up my internet on specific times... I don't know what's happening.
>>
Use the scientific method. Keep a log of whenever it happens; write down the time, how long into the stream, the bit rate, what your current CPU usage is, anything you can think of.

If there's an identifiable pattern that only relates to the time or certain events on your stream itself, then you could conclude that a human being might be doing it intentionally. If not, it's probably something else.
>>
>>58728139
how many subs/viewers do you have?
>>
>>58728746
Usually around 60
>>
>>58727954
Your ISP has bandwidth overhauls at certain hours or maybe admins are ddosing your default twitch stream ports. Consider reconfiguring the gibson kernel, iptables and setting up a strong military-grade firewall software.
>>
>>58728346
I haven't kept detailed logs but some times it's been fine for ~3 hours but 9/10 times it happens after 1 to 2.5 hours after I start streaming when it coincides with a raffle drawing that I hold. So I'm almost certain I'm being sabotaged, I just don't know how it's possible.

>>58728746
Don't know why that other guy answered since he's not the OP but I get about 600-700 viewers on average.

>>58728805
It's happened on various times of the day so probably not a throttling issue. I've tried to severely turn down the bitrate (300kbps) to see if I can squeeze out anything at all but that doesn't even work. So whatever's fucking me is not even giving me an inch. Despite being on /g/ I'm not a tech god so I don't know where to even begin with gibson kernels or iptables as I have no idea what they are.
>>
> A related question

If I'm using 3g or 4g, and someone knows my current IP.

Can they DDOS my IP somehow, and eat all my bandwidth? Most 3g or 4g is capped to within a certain limit.
>>
>>58728969
Try a VPN. Sometimes it's the route of your connection that is borked. I had to do this two nights ago to get to a US site from Australia via a VPN in japan.
>>
>>58728139
anon your ISP is fucking you over. They are probably throttling your upload speed. So when you are browsing, shitposting everything is fine and dandy and as soon as you start streaming (uploading several megs per second) your ISP just throttles the connection and you get fucked hard in the ass.
Test it. Try to upload a couple of gigs of anything to Mega to see how it goes. If you have some form of monitoring the connection you will notice how it starts and reaches your top upload speed and after a while it will drop almost to nada.
>>
>>58729120
>your ISP just throttles the connection and you get fucked hard in the ass.
I know this, one month I uploaded a lot, forgot that they charge differently for upload, I reached my cap limit way before I usually use up bandwidth, assholes charged me €45 for one days usage.
>>
>>58729173
I'm sorry about this, you probably have a great connection (updwards 10megs) I live in a third world country and let me tell you even though my connection doesn't go above 7megs it just works at that speed consistently through the day and no cap whatsoever.
Try to see if you can get another ISP that in theory gives you less bandwidth but provides better quality overall. As I told you it's better have a consistent service with no bullshit surprises at the end of the month that buying in the whole "100meg" internet that actually never reaches that speed or when it does it's just for 10 fucking minutes.
Good luck.
>>
>>58729116
This sounds like a good idea. I will try it, thanks.

>>58729120
I haven't felt anything like this cause I can upload to youtube just fine.

>>58729173
Damn that sucks. My isp doesn't even count upload toward usage caps at all, it's free.
>>
>>58729334
Remember to look at ocean cables before selecting a VPN. Should give you an idea of what proxys to try.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.