[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the market for a kodi box what should i get? needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: MLp-zgQB.png (84KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
MLp-zgQB.png
84KB, 256x256px
I'm in the market for a kodi box what should i get? needs to be 4k capable. Or should i just be looking for a 4k tv with android to install kodi on?

The nvidia shield is really expensive and out of budget.
>>
Why not install it on your PC
>>
>>58722421
Because my poorfag friends would like to watch it too and I'm not about to use a 40m hdmi cable
>>
one that supports PseudoTV Live. it's truly revolutionary
>>
> 4k
> budget

What? Just buy the shield you fucking fuck.
>>
>>58722556
Its double the price of a new roku 4k or fire tv box with very simmilar features is it really worth it?
>>
>>58722409

I have MXQ pro. Works perfectly with Amlogic S905
Never tried on 4K, it's supposed to work though.
>>
I've heard that Wellwin T95n M85 is a good chinkbox for 4k.
>>
>>58722711
You can also play vidyagayms on it, so yea
>>
>>58722409
Is there a box which does 4k and also 1080p 10-bit animu? The latter requires software decoding, so the processor has to be powerful enough.
>>
>>58723160
Well the fire TV box does h265 wouldn't be surprising if it can do 10 bit h264 as well. Not certain though..
>>
>>58723160

Setup a home plex server, let it do the decoding. Then you just stream the content to a Roku, Xbox, Old PC, whatever.

I personally prefer Plex, it's simple. I used to run Kodi, but I spent so much time just sitting there and customizing it and not enjoying content.
>>
>>58723199
That is indeed what I'm doing right now.

Plex is a pain in the ass to organize though. I also have most of my OPs and EDs split from an episode and use mkv ordered chapters which Plex does not support.

My workaround has been to label my Anime directory as "home video". Then it just shows me a standard folder hierarchy which is easier.
>>
>>58722711
Fire TV is amazon's ghetto fork of Android that lags behind mainstream Android.

Not sure about Roku.

Where as the shield is keeping up with mainstream Android and Google is actively working with Nvidia/Kodi/Plex/other developers and making improvements based on their feedback.

You can always sell the controller if you only care about the media streaming aspect.
>>
>>58723160
>10-bit animu
I doubt any of you have a monitor that can playback 10bit colors
>>
Do you guys actually enjoy watching shows or do you just love to fuck around with the software/hardware aspect of streaming video?
>>
>>58723371
That's the whole thing, right?
I bet most of the animefags have 10-bit anime because the shitty pirate-sites offer them this way.

10bit animu on muuuh 7" tablet, amirite?
>>
If you want a ready-to-go box
>Amazon Fire TV

If you want something like a Raspberry Pi with 4K support
>ASUS Tinker Board
>>
Get an Odroid C2 and install kodi on it... Problem solved...
>>
Does anyone tried LibreELEC on an Odroid U3?
>>
For anyone who installed Kodi via a Fire Stick, whats the best recommendation for it in general? I have installed Exodus and 1Channel for movies and TV shows to watch.
>>
>>58722711
I am pretty sure you can get Kodi working on the Amazon stick (new one). But I'm not poor and have a shield, which I love.
>>
>>58722409
>kodi box
Get the fuck out normie
>>
Don't get the Fire Stick. Kodi runs like fucking trash. I have it on a small form factor Dell PC and it runs like butter. My friend's Nexus player runs it well too, plus with Android TV you'd get official YouTube and Netflix apps if you're into that. The Shield is probably the way to go.
>>
>>58722409

Pick up one of the last gen nvidia Sheilds they just rolled out a new model and the old one got the same update

If you get the 16gb model you can add external storage with a fast micro SD or USB 3.0 drive
>>
>>58724997

fire TV blows with 10/100 networking loads network files so slow to kodi

nvidia sheild has gig Ethernet makes a big difference
>>
>>58723296
>I also have most of my OPs and EDs split from an episode and use mkv ordered chapters which Plex does not support.

You found a way to get kodi to play nice with ordered chapters? Please explain.

>My workaround has been to label my Anime directory as "home video". Then it just shows me a standard folder hierarchy which is easier.

Unless you meant by this that you just play them manually in order yourself? Cause that's not really a solution...
>>
>>58724884
Personally, I finished tweaks on my setup years ago and use it every single day. There's nothing comfier than Kodi configured to operate and look exactly how you want it, and the media library growing itself automatically sure helps as well.
>>
Just get a mibox
4k hdr
<100 dollars
>>
>>58722409
Can anyone recommend addons for live streaming shit?

Preferably live networks.
>>
>>58732456
just rip stolen iptv links from some skid forums
>>
There has to be a kodi box that can handle 10 bit anime out there somewhere right? I don't want to have to build a mini PC just for 10 bit.
>>
>>58732892
there are some rockchip memes, but yes you are better off buying kaby lake
>>
>ctrl+f
>type "xiaomi"
>0 results
i don't even know this board anymore
>>58732892
it has 4k and 10 bit colors support, but look at some reviews, it might come without english support or without play store, i don't know
>>58731436
this.
>>
>>58722409
Is there a way to have something like that without the botnet? Android TV is cancerous shit with a microphone listening 24/7.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.