[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends, I've come looking for advice. I'm starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Friends, I've come looking for advice.

I'm starting an electrical Business and I'd like a portable device to right up estimates and blue prints and such. Basically I'd like to be able to run my business on the road. I'll be traveling. A lot.

It must:

1.Be powerful enough cpu to run Chrome, Windows 10/Cortana, and any blue print software at the same time. Smoothly.
3. Have 3.0 usb port(s)

It would preferably:

1. Have a screen no smaller than 15"
2. Have multiple usb ports
3. Be touch screen
4. Blue tooth capabilites for headsets.
5. Biggest battery possible.

Also durability and disc drive are pluses.

Budget: $1100

Electrician Bro thanks you. Feel free to ask my any electrical questions in exchange.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485778941371.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485778941371.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
I don't know if there are any "notebook cpus" able to run Cortana @60 fps
I mean Cortana is Heavy, requires a lot of process
FUCK OFF THIS BOARD
NOW
>>
Also learn to fucking speak in english
>>
Have you read the OP?

No?

Let me introduce you to a very important rule of this board
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Now FUCK OFF
>>
Sheesh. Didn't realize this the board was /b/ tier retarded.
>>
>>58721312
Yeah boy, go ask your buddies at /v/eddit nex time.
>>
>>58721381
/V/eddit?
>>58721245
Hey fuck you I offered advice in exchange.
>>
>>58721403
>Hey fuck you I offered advice in exchange.
First day on 4chan huh?

/diy/ is a very good resource for learning all of it
>>
>>58721479
Thank anon bro
>>
>>58721177
I have always been fond of the lenovo X series.
Eg, the X260 is has ports, small screen and large battery.
It is not a touch screen and it is very expensive (can max out your budget if you let it)
Don't know how demanding your blue print software is, when I was working as an electrician, the most demanding software I used was light simulation tools, not blue print software.
>>
>>58721177

Vaio S: http://us.vaio.com/vaio-s/

Thinkpad P50s: http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/P50s/p/22TP2WPP50S

Thinkpad L560: http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-l/L560/p/22TP2TBL560

Since you're gonna be moving a lot, make sure you get an SSD instead of a HDD. Hardisks have moving parts which fail easily when subjected to movement and shocks during operation.
>>
>>58721245

>Let me introduce you to a very important rule of this board
>>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

I see nothing in his post that returns true for either condition listed.
>>
>>58721576
Light simulation huh? That's awesome I didn't even know that was a thing.

>>58721611
>ssd
Good call

Thanks a lot man I appreciate it. I'm gonna review these but I think you were right on the money with that vaio
>>
>>58721177
Buy a mac. Its all you would ever need.
>>
>>58721737
>Light simulation huh? That's awesome I didn't even know that was a thing.
I can't remember the name of the thing, but when I was an apprentice to become an electrician, we used an application where we could design rooms.
It was simple design such as width, and height and orientation of the room with windows, then you inserted lamps, and it automatically took the datasheet of the lamps and simulated how light would spread in the room, with optimal sunlight and with minimal sunlight.
You then could get heatmaps of the rooms where you could see how much light there would be.
Very neat stuff, but honestly never saw it outside of school.
It is rarely up to the electrician to plan how many lamps and where they should be placed, small buildings have obvious solutions and large buildings have engineers for that.
Most of what we learned was outside the scope of what we would use as an electrician, but hey, it was fun to learn these things.
>>
>>58721177
toughbook 54 perhaps
>>
>>58723705
I'd rather carry around a pen and
paper
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.