[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's possible to self-host multiple websites on one device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Snitches Everywhere.png (292KB, 503x499px) Image search: [Google]
Snitches Everywhere.png
292KB, 503x499px
It's possible to self-host multiple websites on one device right?
If so, how good would your computer have to be to self-host, like, 20 websites?

I run a few websites (mostly just affiliate websites that make me some extra cash) and am thinking of switching to self-hosting to make some money, but I have no idea where to start. Sorry for being a retard and thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.
>>
>>58720553
It all depends on what your expected userbase size is. The more users, the more power/bandwidth/backup solutions you'll need
>>
>>58721026
This.
You can host 200 websites on a Raspberry Pi. Whether they will be usable depends on how many visitors you get and how compute/storage intensive the site code is.
>>
>>58720553
You are pretty dumb anon, first, does your ISP allow business hosting on your home network? (Unless you pay 300 dollars a month the answer is no). Do you have static IPs so that visitors can actually visit your site when they do a dns lookup? Do you have any idea how to maintain a webserver and keep it up to date and secure? Can you fix random errors that your hosts silently took care of for you?
>>
>>58721843
> does your ISP allow business hosting on your home network? (Unless you pay 300 dollars a month the answer is no)
That's not the case everywhere. My residential ISP cuts off certain ports and doesn't guarantee a static IP or much else, but also doesn't outright prohibit me from hosting whatever I want.
>>
>>58721843
Im not OP, but, I can host whatever the fuck I want with my provider.

I have a static IP. I also have full control over my internet as soon as it comes from the ISP. I can manage all ports and I am allowed to host anything as long as it's not against the law (cp, terrorist instructions etc.)

Are you American by chance?
>>
>>58721927
To add, I also have a non-static IP.
>>
>>58721927
I'm actually from the maldives.
>>
File: 1477832708705.jpg (53KB, 435x470px) Image search: [Google]
1477832708705.jpg
53KB, 435x470px
Pepis in pagina
>>
You can get good, reliable web hosting for $10-20/year that'll let you run dozens of websites. No hassle of hosting it at home, and you'd probably spend more on power per year self-hosting it disregarding hardware costs.
>>
>>58721985

This. Shared web hosting is so commercialized now that it has become cheaper then hosting it from home.
>>
>>58721843
wow, you sure must live in a shithole
>>
>>58721843
>static IPS

What is dynamic DNS my good negroid companion
>>
>>58721026
This. "Its complicated".

If you dont care if the sites have some issues and go down for a while, just try it and you'll learn by doing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.