[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> He unironically believed .NET isn't the most advanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (152KB, 1289x901px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
152KB, 1289x901px
> He unironically believed .NET isn't the most advanced programming framework on the planet for anything GUI related especially.

I guarantee you with all my years of expertise from assembler code to C to C# that you have never seen anything better than WPF.

But, the bastards won't open source it yet like the rest of .NET like they did last year. I guess it's because it needs DirectX so hard?
>>
>>58717531
It's probably heavily dependent on the win32 API underneath.
Would be cool if they rewrote it so it used OpenGL/Vulkan + whatever crossplatform window handling.
But of course Microsoft don't really care about OpenGL or Vulkan.
>>
>>58717743

I think it's clear that they got scared of the multiplatform reality. It's not that they're scared of linux pe se, linux is small on the GUI world. But, it's linux derivatives like Android, it's all the phones, etc. even Mac so they're like let's explore it.. let's do an exploratory mission into open source.

But it's released on the MIT license! That's pretty cool. The spergs about it won't complain much, even linux distros include MIT licensed programs routinely.
>>
File: 1469877726825.png (28KB, 470x241px) Image search: [Google]
1469877726825.png
28KB, 470x241px
>>58717531
http://insights.dice.com/2013/01/17/java-vs-c-which-performs-better-in-the-real-world-2/
https://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/csharp.html
Now repeat after me
C# is a Java ripoff
>>
>>58718012

Partially. And Java is a C ripoff. Will you invent the wheel too retard?
>>
>>58717743
>OpenGL/Vulkan

That's a lot of work and WPF is a beast.
>>
>>58717743
Everything in Windows is dependent on WinAPI.

You literally cannot remove it without rewriting the OS from scratch.
>>
>>58718608

> he doesn't know the core of .NET is MIT licensed and run on linux for since last year now.

Nigga, they even offer Linux binaries for download.
>>
>>58718646
I explicitly said everything in windows. Are you fucking blind?
>>
File: IMG_20170129_181355.jpg (33KB, 404x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_181355.jpg
33KB, 404x378px
No one ITT knows how .NET works. Everyone thinks that because C# looks like Java it is Java. Never mind the CIL that is clearly built to be OS agnostic. So many people on this board just repeat shit to sound smart without actually taking any time to learn about how something works under the hood. C# is closer to C++ than Java in terms of functionality. Yes, both C# and Java use a C like syntax, and both are managed high level languages, but that's about where the similarities end.
>>
Why are the Windows shills not even subtle? .NET is fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1455309942530.jpg (993KB, 1182x1581px) Image search: [Google]
1455309942530.jpg
993KB, 1182x1581px
>>58718846
I would not be surprised if they slip telemetry botnet into .NET

They have done it with their compiler before
>>
>>58718846

I use Linux as my daily OS but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate .NET. Microsoft actually created a powerful and robust platform. I can create libraries in C# that can be used by IronPython, and I can create applications in C/C++ that interface with COM applications to deliver data to an IronRuby application using the DLR. While .NET has its issues it certainly isn't "garbage." You can even modify the assemblies under the hood if you want. You can get as low level as needed and still use a multitude of managed languages.
>>
>>58717531
>You're wrong. It can't compete with Qt, not even remotely.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.