[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend $330 on a used ThinkPad™ because /g/ and /tpg/ assure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: dumb frogposter.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
dumb frogposter.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>spend $330 on a used ThinkPad™ because /g/ and /tpg/ assure me its a great purchase
>the screen is shit and the keyboard is shit too
>TrackPoint™ is retarded
>the battery doesn't last more than two hours
>thing is thick as fuck, any hopes of using it in public were crushed the second I unboxed it
>generally looks and feels like an appliance someone would donate to an autistic school
>is sticky as fuck, even after cleaning it with rubbing alcohol
>the case is cracked despite the seller saying it was in great condition

When did you realise that /g/ in general pretty much knows fuck all about anything? When it comes to software they recommend overly complicated garbage and for hardware they just meme housefire shit.
>>
>>58716187
>Listening to anons advices
>>
i'm gonna assume you got a t420/30 or x220/30. anything else is a whole other discussion about why you're an idiot:

used thinkpads are a great $150 laptop, so you overpaid, to start.

no one else seems to be having problems with the quality of the keyboard or pointer. maybe you didn't know what you really wanted?

the battery that came with your thinkpad is likely 5+ years old. everyone replaces it or lives with it. 2 hours isn't too bad for a battery that old

i'm surprised you didn't research the dimensions of what you bought (for $180 more than you should've). why are you bitching about its design after the fact? you knew what it was going to look like. PS nobody cares what your laptop looks like, don't be so insecure

is there actual sticky residue that isn't coming off, or do you not know what the thinkpad case coating is supposed to feel like?

looking HARD at auction pics for damage and parsing a sellers' definition of "great condition" is your responsibility. you don't put a lot of thought into your purchases, do you?

the only criticism you have that might hold water is the shitty screen. that's a compromise we make for a $150 laptop (that you paid $330 for). the ips in this x220 looks pretty ok for the price ($120, not $300)
>>
>>58716756

>all that autistic rambling defending a shit laptop
>>
>>58716187
remember to install gentoo too
>>
I got an x220 for $120 used. It's ok, but the battery really is garbage. It'd be another $120 or more to replace it so it's not really worth it
>>
Should have gotten a Chromebook
>>
>>58716774
so what's the plan now? going to find a better laptop for $150 (try not to overpay again) and come back to brag about how much smarter you are than /g/? you weren't bright enough to not waste your money the first time
>>
>>58716848
This. If you just want a cheap laptop to use with linux, chromebooks are the way to go.

>b-but, muh build quality!

Don't drop your things you fucking klutz.
>>
>>58716187
>When did you realise that /g/ in general pretty much knows fuck all about anything?
So long ago it doesn't matter.
/g/ is great at regurgitating specs, because specs are concrete, but /g/ has no idea what the specs mean.
/g/ has no taste, but neither did Bill Gates - he admitted as much without shame.
>>
you will grow to appreciate it eventually. you got scammed on the price tho
>>
>>58716187
>>58716774
> All that baiting for (You)s
Just return it.
>>
>>58716187
>the keyboard is shit too
I feel dirty for defending cumpads since I am a macfag and wouldn't buy some used poorfag shit but anon, just no. They do have shit screens and shit battery life and their size is a sad joke but there is nothing fucking wrong with the keyboard unless you bought one with a broken one.

>>58716848
They got even worse hardware and can only run what is basically a mobile OS with normal performance. x230 seems like a much better choice for the money.
>>
>>58716187
>When did you realise that /g/ in general pretty much knows fuck all about anything?

After I bought a mech keyboard for over 100 dollars and then when I actually did my own research on power supplies and realized the brand they were recomending all the time was the one with the highest failure rates, 3 years in a row.

Also the guide on debotnetting W10 fucking up W10 in general and watching people on linux distros do absolutely nothing on them that you couldn't do on windows and have miles of security but nothing worth protecting and the rest of them being blatant pedophiles.

Oh and the mouse suggestion - suggesting logitech mice with up to 15ms of click delay and sensors with angle snapping problems for up to 1.5x the price of mice with none of that upon doing my own research.

/g/ honestly knows jack shit - not all the time are they wrong but generally they are wrong.

oh one more, bought a 280 dollar pair of cans and they sounded exactly the same as my 28 dollar gayman headset but with the bass cranked up - end up equalizing that out of the recommended profile anyway just to be able to seperate different sounds when bass kicks in, making them identicle to my cheap cans.

All memes, all the time.
>>
LOL I think that laptop sales are starting to suffer because of /tpg/ and retro-thinkpad enthusiasts. I've noticed that we're getting more and more anti-retro-thinkpad spam.

LENOVO CHINKS? IS THAT YOU? WHY YOU SO SALTY?

Put a decent keyboard into a new computer and get rid of those shitty glossy screens and the management engine and we will buy your Thinkpads. Otherwise, no deal.
>>
>>58717852
>he would unironically buy a laptop with a 16:9 screen
>>
>>58717832
>the 4chan is one guy meme
>they
You're listening to the wrong anons. There are chinks and jews hawking their shit tier tech here all the time, they are both obvious from their posting styles though.
>>
File: 1121063.jpg (162KB, 2100x1505px) Image search: [Google]
1121063.jpg
162KB, 2100x1505px
>>58717862
I use an X40, 4:3 master race.
>>
get gud
>>
>>58716187

I have always known. Exactly what website do you think this is?
>>
>>58717862
I would buy it ironically.
Happy now?
>>
>>58716187
buy a fucking new laptop and stop shitposting here
>>
File: 7BIlFccT.jpg (18KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
7BIlFccT.jpg
18KB, 400x327px
>>58716187

>giving a fucking about /g/ or whatever says
>>
>>58716826
I got a T61 for $60 and it's battery lasts for like 3 hours.
Also it's the newer model so I don't have to worry about the gpu melting off the mobo.
Guess I was just lucky.
>>
>Buying the most autistic ThinkPad models you can get
>>
>>58716187
>he actually fell for a meme
honestly op have you ever used a thinkpad or similar laptop? I used a dell latitude at work and I'd totally buy one of those.
>>
File: thinkpad-13-keyboard_675403.jpg (54KB, 675x403px) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad-13-keyboard_675403.jpg
54KB, 675x403px
Shouldve gotten a Modern ThinkPad like the ThinkPad 13....
Why use the dinosaur relics like the x220 and T420
>>
Tbh if you can get a new battery the X220 and T420 are still the best laptops you can buy for just programming and shitposting. Not to mention the godlike keyboard
>>
>>58716187
>tfw I play pokemon on my x230 on campus and I don't give a flying fuck

Chad always wins
>>
>>58716826
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Battery-X220-9cell-THINKPAD-0A36281/dp/B019SRPVE0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1485796531&sr=8-4&keywords=x220+battery

uhh
>>
>the battery doesn't last more than two hours
You bought an old laptop and complain it sucks.

And of course this thread will be derailed by staunch defenders of the thinkpad and somehow everything will be your fault.
>>
Wow. First guy I've seen who says Thinkpad keyboard is shit. Just get a MacBook and stop pissing people off.
>>
>>58716187
>Gentoo
>ThinkPad

These are memes to repel normies. Everyone here uses a Retina MacBook Pro.
>>
>>58716187
>gets scammed because incompetence
>blames /g/

typical wincuck
>>
>>58720866
>Doesn't have a megnesium roll cage
>no carbon fiber materials
>less ports
>internal battery
>soldered CPU
>no i7 cores
>not waterproof

It's crap, if you really don't want "old relics" and want a better configuration get a T430, T450, T540 or X50 at least these are still somewhat true to Thinkpads.
>Still have roll cages
>Uprgadable
>waterproof
>external + internal batteries
>fully made from carbon fibers
>all the ports a standard thinkpad has

If you still want to buy the ThinkPad 13 then don't fucking waste money to buy something that is only branded, go buy a Dell/Hp/anything else. ThinkPad 13 is just the cheap IdeaPad with a trackpoint with a price tag of 700$
>>
>>58716187
Could've bought a Surface Book or Macbook Pro.
Should've bought a Chromebook.
>>
>>58716187

post pic/speccy or gtfo
>>
>>58716187
>because /g/ and /tpg/ assure me

Not reading any further, you are retarded and deserve whatever has happened.
>>
File: lmao.gif (975KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.gif
975KB, 500x282px
>>58716187
>>spend $330 on a used ThinkPad™ because /g/ and /tpg/ assure me its a great purchase
>$330
kek, imagine the smile on the seller's face when OP was leaving with his laptop
>>
>>58716187

Linux, C, and ThinkPad is pretty much the only thing I saw in college.

macOS and remote Linux, JavaScript & RoR or C# .NET, and Mac is pretty much the only thing that I saw out of college in tech hubs.

Alot of people will recommend you cheap and/or free stuff that can be customizable (hobbyist level).
>>
File: 1484538414856.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484538414856.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
OP
>>
>>58716187
>falling for /g/ memes
lel serves you right, fagget
>>
>>58716187

I want in on this bait.

>>spend $330 on a used ThinkPad™ because /g/ and /tpg/ assure me its a great purchase
Any two grand laptop that you can get for couple of hundreds is usually a great purchase. Just don't buy a broken one.
>>the screen is shit and the keyboard is shit too
Keyboard is as good as it gets on laptops. Screens are pretty lame and viewing angles are horrible. You have to be the only one looking at your laptop's screen.
>>TrackPoint™ is retarded
It's easier to use for precision stuff than trackpad.
>>the battery doesn't last more than two hours
You can do like I did and get a bigger battery. Mine was even compatible with 11 different models so I took it with me when I upgraded.
>>thing is thick as fuck, any hopes of using it in public were crushed the second I unboxed it
I take it with me pretty easily. How is it impossible for you?
>>generally looks and feels like an appliance someone would donate to an autistic school
They can't look identical to Macbooks since they are serviceable. Go buy a Macbook if you want one so bad.
>>is sticky as fuck, even after cleaning it with rubbing alcohol
I have had four Thinkpads and not one of them was sticky. That's because I don't rob them from dorm rooms, I buy them from companies. You should give yours back, Jamal.
>>the case is cracked despite the seller saying it was in great condition
Maybe it hit the door frame a bit when you took off with it.

Yeah I know you didn't REALLY get one. You just want to push people to buy Macbooks.
>>
>>58716187
>falling for /g/ memes
too bad
>>
>>58716484
>should i listen to anons advice or not.
im confused
>>
File: 1485433510623.jpg (65KB, 650x553px) Image search: [Google]
1485433510623.jpg
65KB, 650x553px
>>58716187
That reads really legit.

Thanks for the confirm, anon. You saved many lives today.
>>
>>58716187
Should have got a Chromebook lad
there is literally no reason to own thinkpads anymore
>>
>>58724804
Are there MIPS Chromebooks?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.