[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Python thread. Share you thoughts, advice, learning material,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: python.png (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
python.png
80KB, 1000x1000px
Python thread. Share you thoughts, advice, learning material, your own code, etc.
>>
>>58715800
My thought: it's shit
My advice: look for better
>>
Walk 360° away, and turn around
>>
I find Python to be perfect for making a solution to a problem, easily and quick.
The syntax provides enough sugar for HR drones to understand what it does. That said, I have a small few problems:
1. The performance for a normal Python distribution is sometimes subpar.
2. Some of the packages installed with pip require a compiler for it to compile a dependency. If said compiler is not easily available for pip, the installation is botched.
3. With all the sugar-syntax it's hard to find a "correct" way.
>>
>>58715849
>>58715884
Python is the best we have for neural networks. Lua with Torch is only sensible alternative and Python with all its libraries is many times easier to work with.
>>
I really like it
C and Python cover most of my needs
And there's things like CPython plus Cython
>>
install ruby
>>
File: 1459522726034.png (742KB, 2992x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1459522726034.png
742KB, 2992x2992px
>>58715849
>>58715884
Cheers guise.
>>
Install Ruby. The language itself is beautiful, powerful and expressive. Ruby is designed for programmer happiness.

>python
>muh only ONE optimal solution to every problem hurr durr
>>
>>58717858
>>python
>>muh only ONE optimal solution to every problem hurr durr
explain
>>
A meme language pushed by hipsters like Randall "le math joke XDDDD" Munroe.
>>
It's got performance problems in a few areas, but there's a bunch of reasons why most universities are switching to teaching it. Among them are it's easily one of the most readable languages, and it's collections of libraries and code in the wild are among the most prolific.

All lot of really good code that cements and exemplifies concepts that you want to learn are readily found in python.

And since a lot of people have learned python in school, lots of workplaces use it in some capacity as it's easier to plug in juniors quicker.

It's a solid language all around, master of few, but pretty good at most things, an all around great glue language, and anyone who is interested in programming is retarding their learning by not being at least familiar with python.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.